Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

Fantastic match. I can't thank the club and staff enough for putting on a great match. The crew definitely lived up to the reputation of being nice/friendly/helpful. I'll compile the videos i took and post soon. Congrats to the winners. I have to say it was a real pleasure to run the timer for everyone on Stage 3. Glad nobody was physically injured by the Guillotine. I think a few might have been emotionally injured by it (or the 2 targets hiding behind the walls!).

Randy,

It was a pleasure working with you and your son. :cheers: Great young man! You and the family have a safe trip back to Georgia. Hope to see you again at another match.

CYa,

Pat

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match all the way around in spite of some relentless gun issues. Still driving back home but big congratulations to my buddy (and current chauffeur ) Eddie Garcia for his Open and match win as well as Tony as second A Limited. Jason shot a heck of a match as well. Always a pleasure guys!

Once again another FANTASTIC match put on by the HDC crew. You guys seem to outdo yourselves more and more every year - the stages were very challenging (ok some were a little on the mean side :surprise: ), and were far better than some of the other major matches I've been to. Logistics were great, stats were done quickly and accurately, and the prize table was awesome (great job Nanci!). This is why I keep coming back every year! Squad 1 was awesome, it was a pleasure shooting with you all. See you next year! :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words folks. As it stands now we are going to be trying to work through a couple of big issues with staffing that caused some real heartburn with the principal players of the match. Ideas are already being bounced around and we hope to have answers in the near future.

It was great to see some of the folks who have attended in years past. You folks were awesome! :cheers:

Congrats to the division and class winners! :cheers:

Be safe,

Pat

Once again this match was awesome and well worth the trip. This one will be on the list again for next year. Great job and thanks to all of the match staff and sponsors!! Shot with a great group of guys/gals on squad 1 and look forward to shooting with you all in the future.

Thank you for a really fun and challenging match!!! I had a lot of fun and felt that the match ran smooth. As for any issues, I say "What issues?". My squad had to help RO a couple of stages due to limited match staff resources but was that an "Issue"? I really don't think so. You and your people did the best you could with what you had and it was a very successful match. Be very proud of what you guys have accomplished!!! Job well done to all :bow:

Fantastic match. I can't thank the club and staff enough for putting on a great match. The crew definitely lived up to the reputation of being nice/friendly/helpful. I'll compile the videos i took and post soon. Congrats to the winners. I have to say it was a real pleasure to run the timer for everyone on Stage 3. Glad nobody was physically injured by the Guillotine. I think a few might have been emotionally injured by it (or the 2 targets hiding behind the walls!).

Which two targets? I am looking at the stage diagram and it is not obvious which two you are referring to.

Thanks.

Which two targets? I am looking at the stage diagram and it is not obvious which two you are referring to.

Thanks.

Probably the targets on either side of the guillotine framework, had to shot thru the port from the side opposite the target. I know there were FTE's there when RO's shot the stage.

Edited by NMBOpen

Thanks again to the match directors and RO's for all of the hard work. This was my 4th High Desert CLassic in a row and the best to day. Also thanks to squad 10 which was one of the best squads I have ever been on and also one of the most successful! We had Eddie Garcia, 1st Overall Open and Overall Match winner, David Sevigny, 1st overall Production, Glenn Higdon 3rd overall Open, Brian Wiliamson 4th overall Open, Annette Williamson, High Lady Open, Kathie, Furgeson-Avery, High Lady Limited, Ron Avery 4th overall Limited, Jim Bodkin, 1st overall Limited-10, Kale Garretson, 2nd overall Production, Jason Maples, 1st overall A Production, Jason Brinkley and Rick Korzep who rocked as well.

Edited by AZGunut

What a fantastic match! All the stages rocked! Very challenging and creative. The weather was great, and everyone on squad 6 was awesome. A big thanks to all the staff that made the match happen. This was my first High Desert Classic, and I'll definitely be back next year.

Here's my video

I just want to thank all the crew for their VERY HARD WORK in putting together this 2010 HDC match. We will be seeing you all next year...again! I know there is soooo much to putting on a Match like this and I am thankful for all of you that put your heart and time into it. Yes, a bit warm but no nasty weather and I think the RO's deserve a big hats off for their patience and perseverance! Not an easy job after shooting for 2 days! THANK YOU ALL! :bow:

Thank you for a really fun and challenging match!!! I had a lot of fun and felt that the match ran smooth. As for any issues, I say "What issues?". My squad had to help RO a couple of stages due to limited match staff resources but was that an "Issue"? I really don't think so. You and your people did the best you could with what you had and it was a very successful match. Be very proud of what you guys have accomplished!!! Job well done to all :bow:

THERE ARE ALWAYS "ISSUES" TO CONTEND WITH NO MATTER WHO HOLDS A MATCH. YOU GUYS HANDLED IT WITH THE DIGNITY AND HARD WORK.... I ALWAYS.... KNOW TO EXPECT FROM HDC CREW. WE HAVE SO MUCH FUN AT YOUR MATCHES!!!! Edited by singlestackgirl

My thanks to all the match staff. This was my third classic and the best yet. My thanks to everyone on squad 6. Jessie is still disappointed, but the fire has been lit, and she had me sign her up for the TX State limited Match. Special thanks to Mike Gibson at MGM targets. What he and the other men in squad 6 said to Jessie made all the difference in the world to her. Thank you guys from a very grateful junior's father. Look for me next year and I will bring the Big Red Wagon again.

Hello: I was in squad 10 as well and finished 2nd in "B" Open for the sectional part, not so good overall because on my C-More issue. In the pic above I feel like where's Waldo or is that where's Eric :roflol: (to the right with a white hat on) :cheers: It was fun shooting with all you guys in squad 10 and I know I am a "GM" target paster at least :devil: Thanks, Eric

Thanks for to all for the extraordinarily hard work putting together another outstanding HDC. Lots of technical challenges and plenty of ways to shoot the stages. The only issue I had was an acute inability to remember to shoot at the targets as they appeared (and LOTS of them appeared).

In case you missed it Squad 1 rocked!

Let's do it again next year.

David C

What a fantastic match! All the stages rocked! Very challenging and creative. The weather was great, and everyone on squad 6 was awesome. A big thanks to all the staff that made the match happen. This was my first High Desert Classic, and I'll definitely be back next year.

Here's my video

Jordan,

Good shooting, thanks for sharing the video !

Eric you shot really well especially considering the foot plus of Kentucky Windage you didn't know you had to use:-). You are definately a GM in taping and resetting steel! Plus you came in 1st overall for best shorts at the match!

Anthony: Yes, it took me a while to figure that out with the windage. By then the stage was over :roflol: I am still learning this open pistol stuff---the hard way :surprise: Next time I will wear my really wild coloured shorts :devil: It was pleasure shooting with you :cheers: Thanks, Eric