Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Application in the mail. First time venturing outside my area...

Is there a match hotel and/or campsite with trailer hook-ups?

There is no match hotel, but there are RV campsites just off the I-40 exit to the range - details in the confirmation letter that will be emailed within a day of receiving a paid application.

USPSA self-squadding will be available starting Monday, January 11, 2010. Nine entries already received, limit 150 plus staff. Contact the Match Director at ElPrez@rgpsc.com if you are interested in working the match.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Entries are coming in! Today we passed the 50 entry mark - 1/3 full. So far, fourteen people will be experiencing this match (6th Annual) for the first time, and for a couple, it's their first big match. Three GM and three M, all in Open, to date. We did sell out last year.

Stages are being finalized. Props and equipment are being built also. There is going to be a mix of run and gun stages and longer stages in which the shooter will have to have his wits about him and work on getting his hits.

As usual, great stages, super friendly staff, air conditioned building for lunches and awards as well as a GREAT time. :cheers:

CYa there,

Pat

Will this match include another 100 yard dash?

Stage 4, using the SASS props, looks like the one with the most movement, lateral and forward. You should be able to engage all targets within the first 100 yds :devil:. I believe that was G-ManBart's least favorite stage last year.

Stage 4, using the SASS props, looks like the one with the most movement, lateral and forward. You should be able to engage all targets within the first 100 yds :devil:. I believe that was G-ManBart's least favorite stage last year.

I thought I was going to die after that stage.

You did have us all worried there for a few minutes... :surprise:

You did have us all worried there for a few minutes... :surprise:

Yes you did ! But that is the fastest I have ever seen you move, and unfortunately, G Man was moving way too fast, he even got in front of the gun, that is fast !

Hey Blue Lady SIGN UP FOR SQUAD 5 AND LETS KEEP ALL THE WOOD in C Open like last year.

Pete

Hey there Pete, Don't forget the BRAND NEW C open shooter! New slide, new c-more mount, new hair cut. Will be there shooting with all you "OLD" C open shooters!

Stages are being finalized. Props and equipment are being built also. There is going to be a mix of run and gun stages and longer stages in which the shooter will have to have his wits about him and work on getting his hits.

As usual, great stages, super friendly staff, air conditioned building for lunches and awards as well as a GREAT time. :cheers:

CYa there,

Pat

OH no...you mean I am going to have to run, think and shoot! Guess I will leave my chewing gum at home, don't want to push it! :-) Sounds great can't wait for June! You guys always put on a great fun match!

CYa there,

Pat

OH no...you mean I am going to have to run, think and shoot! Guess I will leave my chewing gum at home, don't want to push it! :-) Sounds great can't wait for June! You guys always put on a great fun match!

Well...not necessarily in that order. :roflol: You will have fun...hell, we ALWAYS have fun!

CYa here,

Pat

CYa there,

Pat

Well...not necessarily in that order. :roflol: You will have fun...hell, we ALWAYS have fun!

CYa here,

Pat

Have been returning to your match for many years. It is actually my very favorite match to go to. Even in the sandstorm. :-) I always have a fantastic time and meet up with wonderful people. Hope to be able to return year after year after year. See ya in June.

• 2 weeks later...

I ask this every year and forget from year to year. Is this gonna be a lost brass match?

From the entry confirmation letter: "You may recover brass as long as it does not delay the squad's movement."

I ask this every year and forget from year to year. Is this gonna be a lost brass match?

From the entry confirmation letter: "You may recover brass as long as it does not delay the squad's movement."

Thanks Tom, see you soon

Pete