Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Postal

grizzlywon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few stats, unofficial of course as I ran out of fingers and toes. :D

2600 Competitors from 132 clubs worldwide.

United States - 113 clubs

South Africa - 10 clubs

Canada - 4 clubs

Italy - 2 clubs

Mexico - 1 club

Russia - 1 club

Venezuela - 1 club

4th place SSP MA.

I had a good run on stage 4 (3.14 down 0) and got robbed on being posted as HOA on that stage. The only time faster than that (unless I missed it) was SSP Marksman #360...not to take anything away from his performance, but I doubt that he shot that stage in 1 second down 0!!!!

Edited by Filishooter

4th place SSP MA.

I had a good run on stage 4 (3.14 down 0) and got robbed on being posted as HOA on that stage. The only time faster than that (unless I missed it) was SSP Marksman #360...not to take anything away from his performance, but I doubt that he shot that stage in 1 second down 0!!!!

When I saw that 1.00 (0) posted for stage 4 I was wondering who the next fastest time was, I guess we know now who it was and who got robbed. I think we can all acknowledge your stage win since we know that the 1.00 (0) didn't happen. Seems like the club that sent that in could have weeded that score out of the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I've ever shot a Postal Match; I think it's a very cool idea.

Perfect? No, but still very cool.

It would be interesting to get a photo/video sample of say 50 clubs to see how much variance there was in actual stage setup. I bet it was all pretty close to the diagrams.

FY42385

First time I've ever shot a Postal Match; I think it's a very cool idea.

Perfect? No, but still very cool.

It would be interesting to get a photo/video sample of say 50 clubs to see how much variance there was in actual stage setup. I bet it was all pretty close to the diagrams.

FY42385

Far from a perfect run on any of them, but here is the Postal set-up at my club.

Far from a perfect run on any of them, but here is the Postal set-up at my club.

Cody

Thanks for sharing the video. Can you share your camera setup? The video is a good quality compared to some that I have watched.

Cody

Thanks for sharing the video. Can you share your camera setup? The video is a good quality compared to some that I have watched.

I use a ContourHD by VholdR. It's a self contained camera (no cords or anything) that I have attached to the bill of my hat. If you check the Video section here, MemphisMechanic has the same camera (I got mine after seeing his videos), He mounts his to his earmuffs using the flat mount. With mine you see more like what I see, since everything is right in the middle. With the ear muff mount, everything is eaither to the left or to the right depending on which side you have it.

The nice thing with the Contour is that the lens can be moved, so that you can still have level video whether you mount it sideways on the muffs or flat on the hat.

I bought Mine at Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The certificates have all been emailed to their respective club contacts. Shooters who earned a certificate for this match should be receiving them from their club contacts shortly.

Thanks,

Ted Murphy

idpapostalmatch.com

Edited by Ted Murphy

Hello,

The certificates have all been emailed to their respective club contacts. Shooters who earned a certificate for this match should be receiving them from their club contacts shortly.

Thanks,

Ted Murphy

idpapostalmatch.com

How far down do you go for the certificates? Just curious...I'm waaaaay down this year.

Hello,

Thanks,

Ted Murphy

idpapostalmatch.com

How far down do you go for the certificates? Just curious...I'm waaaaay down this year.

Top six in each class/division plus the specialty awards like High LE, High Press, etc. As per the match booklet .

I did look around a bit at the results webpage... :unsure:

Are there combined overall results (ignoring class and division) posted somewhere (fastest to slowest)?

I added that this evening to http://www.idpapostalmatch.com Look on the results page and you will see "stages". It's a huge file so I did not put it up initially for fear it would crash the server (and I suppose it still may)

Ted

I did look around a bit at the results webpage... :unsure:

Are there combined overall results (ignoring class and division) posted somewhere (fastest to slowest)?

I added that this evening to http://www.idpapostalmatch.com Look on the results page and you will see "stages". It's a huge file so I did not put it up initially for fear it would crash the server (and I suppose it still may)

Ted

Well, it certainly locked me up.

Edited by Steve J

Don't forget IDPA rules expressly prohibit listing a high overall winner. Best I can do is the stage breakdown. (especially since I'm not a SW engineer) You will however, get the answers to a lot of your questions if you give said stage breakdown a gander.

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy

Hello,

Thanks,

Ted Murphy

idpapostalmatch.com

Thanks Ted!

I enjoyed putting on the match at our club. I really shot it poorly myself but we had two people from our club get certificates.