Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Captains of Crush grippers

Lawdawg112

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I've been working with the #1 and #2 since around june. Starting out I couldn't close the #1, but I've worked up to being able to close the #1 pretty regularly. I am close with a #2. I have a long drive to work (1hr each way) and i do mine everyday on the way home. 3 sets of 20 with a generic gripper with 3 sets of 20 with the yellow bands. 3 sets of 10 with the #1 and 3 sets of15 with the blue band. I can usually close the first 3 or 4 of a set. Then 1 set of 10 with the #2, and 1 set of 10 with the red band.

Recently I turned a wooden wrist rolller and a pinch hub and welded up a loading pin. The wrist roller is very helpful as i think it works a different part of my forearm. The pinch hub is hard as hell.

I've noticed an improvement in my shooting, though that could be from a number of things.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about setting a 2014 goal of closing the #3 or #3.5 with both hands. But I worry that doing enough grip exercise to get there will result in tendonitis. It’s pointless to work out to the point of injury. I may have to settle with being able to close the #2.5 with both hands and maintain that level of grip strength.

Listening to the WOD-cast Podcast the other day they were interviewing a Strongman competitor. His experience was grippers alone do not build functional grip strength that one should augment their grip by doing dead-lifts or by dead hanging from a pull up bar. He stated that that build better functional grip from building forearm muscles.

Episode here: http://wodcast.libsyn.com/90-kalle-beck

I started about 10 days ago with the trainer model. The first day I barely closed it once. I did ten reps just now clicking it closed each time with (a little) authority.

I'm wondering how much my grip has improved versus how much the springs have worn in.

I think I'll order the #1 after Christmas.

• 3 months later...