Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best M&P trigger work

gmel

Who does the best trigger job on the S&W M&P? How does a custom trigger job compare to the M&P Pro.

It seems like a tossup between Dan Burwell and Accurate Iron (Mike Cyrwus), but there are a few other names I've seen that probably do a great job on them as well.

The custom will have a little bit less takeup, a bit less overtravel, a smoother feel throughout and a lighter pull. The factory Pro trigger isn't really bad at all. I've heard a few folks say they got one that was gritty feeling, but a lot of that seems to be in the firing pin safety plunger rather than the sear/connector etc....round off the edges of the FPS plunger and it should be much better. I weighed my stock Pro, but can't recall exactly...think it was 4-4.5lbs. If you have one of the two guys above do a complete rework it'll probably be more like half of that. I know Dan says he's gotten 2.25lb triggers consistently, and I'm sure Mike can do the same.

It would be hard to go wrong with either Dan or Mike. R,

i went the cheap route and didn't have mike at accurate iron do a full blown job on my pro (my mistake...). he did his best work on my .45 and 9L and they are heads above the stock and my "cheap" pro trigger. AND he is very good at answering any questions you might have and responds to e-mails! :cheers:

Edited by dr2e

+1 for Burwell. I have been very happy with the triggers he did both of my PROs. I also have a buddy that has had a couple of triggers done by Burwell and he also has been extremely satisfied with them.

You do.

I spent two evenings following the Trigger Job instructions on Burwell's site (google burwell trigger job) and the results were impressive. Measured at 3.5 pounds (on an unfired gun w/o any break-in!) and has about 1/32" of overtravel left, ALL THE STOCK SPRINGS, and a Glockish reset.

I like my guns around 4 pounds to ease the transition back to a carry gun, so I'm hoping the extra-power striker spring from SSS brings the pull weight up a bit. However, since reshaping/stoning/polishing the sear was 90% of the difference (the other 10% in polishing the trigger bar and reshaping the firing pin plunger) I don't think it's going to make the trigger noticeably heavier.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I have to add another thumbs up for Dan Burwell. He's done both of my M&P's that I use in competition. The first was the full sized 9 and when I got the Pro the trigger was better than stock, but nothing compared to Dan's work, so he did that one as well. Great work, good guy, and he can even shoot ok too. ;)

Daniel