Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get a Barrel

R112mercer

Does anybody know of a good source for a 21-24" vent rib barrel for an M1 Super 90 or M2? I have an M1 that I love, but it has an 18" barrel with ghost ring sights. I'd like to switch to the longer vent rib barrel for faster target acquisition and so the extension doesn't get beat up.

I tried Midway & Brownells but only Brownells has a barrel. It's $500 something dollars and comes with five chokes. I'd like to see if I could find something a little more in my price range (I know, if you want Italian you gotta pay!).

Does anybody know of a good source for a 21-24" vent rib barrel for an M1 Super 90 or M2? I have an M1 that I love, but it has an 18" barrel with ghost ring sights. I'd like to switch to the longer vent rib barrel for faster target acquisition and so the extension doesn't get beat up.

I tried Midway & Brownells but only Brownells has a barrel. It's $500 something dollars and comes with five chokes. I'd like to see if I could find something a little more in my price range (I know, if you want Italian you gotta pay!).

Welcome to the world of Benelli. The last time I even thought about buying a barrel, the cost of the barrel vs the cost of another gun had an even higher ratio. I have been told their law enforcement division gets things out well so you might want to try a law enforcement buddy and see if he can order if from Benelli for you.

so you might want to try a law enforcement buddy and see if he can order if from Benelli for you.

That's a great idea, Charles, I just hope they have what I want and not just a bunch of "tactical" short tubes with rifle sights and such...

so you might want to try a law enforcement buddy and see if he can order if from Benelli for you.

That's a great idea, Charles, I just hope they have what I want and not just a bunch of "tactical" short tubes with rifle sights and such...

It is amazing. I have been waiting a year for a very simple part and have no idea when it will arrive or if it will arrive.

I went to a gun consignment auction today. I could have purchased just about any barrel you wanted. I could have even secured a Ted Williams. Not only did they not have a benelli barrel of any flavor, I have never seen one for sale anywhere save one which I purchased 10 years ago. Unfortunately it is a 28 inch barrel for an M-1.

Good luch.

I remember seeing a few Benelli barrels in a bin at Gander Mountain in Terre Haute. I don't remember how much they cost, but I remember that I couldn't believe it. Next time I'm up there I'll look again.

Does anybody know of a good source for a 21-24" vent rib barrel for an M1 Super 90 or M2? I have an M1 that I love, but it has an 18" barrel with ghost ring sights.

R112,

Watch what you are looking for...I bought a M2 barrel and it would not fit the M-1! Now I still sold it for more than what I paid but I was told it would fit:-(

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scott

R112,

Watch what you are looking for...I bought a M2 barrel and it would not fit the M-1! Now I still sold it for more than what I paid but I was told it would fit:-(

I've also heard that M2 barrels fit on M1's. It's the stock from an M2 that won't fit on an M1 (without work, that is). Time to call the pros!

While you guys were dinking around on this forum, a 21" with chokes just sold on the Classifieds! :roflol:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93195

I really hate to point this out but that was a M-1 shotgun with 21 inch vent rib barrel. Benelli barrels are expensive but they do not cost $950.00 :mellow:

You know, when I looked at that I just saw "Benelli M1 Super 90 21" Vent Rib, New in box, unfired with chokes, etc" and didn't even look at the price. :wacko:

Doug

RiggerJJ is correct.

I can get new 21" VR M2 barrels for about $400 plus the shipping to you, I have ordered two recently and they were not on backorder. They also come with 5 choke tubes and a wrench. If you want one at that price, pm me and I'll check the price again and see if they have any.