Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

needle oiler caps

kmca

Do you mean the little cap that goes over the end of the little metal pipe or the whole cap that screws on the bottle?

If the first, I've used small rubber stoppers from the hardware store. The rubber is pretty soft so you can just poke the tube in it. If you mean the whole screw on cap... I have no idea and need a couple myself. I can't even find empty bottles around me. The "good" hobby stores are 45 minutes each way and the local one doesn't have them.

Do you mean the little cap that goes over the end of the little metal pipe or the whole cap that screws on the bottle?

If the first, I've used small rubber stoppers from the hardware store. The rubber is pretty soft so you can just poke the tube in it. If you mean the whole screw on cap... I have no idea and need a couple myself. I can't even find empty bottles around me. The "good" hobby stores are 45 minutes each way and the local one doesn't have them.

Yup, just the little plastic/rubber part that covers the needle.

The whole little bottles are really cheap at Brownells. I just buy new ones every once in a while.

Actually this is would be a small "group buy" for myself and friends. We all seem to lose the tops rather frequently, so I would like to get a couple dozen.

Yup, just the little plastic/rubber part that covers the needle.

If you buy a bottle of Norvey Inc. Turbine Oil for $0.99 at Ace hardware you will find it has a little rubber cap that will work.

I have one of those bottles with the needle and cap from Brownell's. I keep that bottle in a medication prescription vial from a pharmacy. The kind with the child proof caps. Keeps me from losing the needle cap. (I now just jinxed myself.)

Seiichi

Cork would probably work out pretty good if it's one from a wine bottle. The one I got at the hardware store wasn't dense enough. It just broke and wanted to plug up the tube. That's why I got a rubber stopper. Erasers work but don't hold up well to some chemicals. A small piece of dense foam rubber will work. I used a candy corn in a pinch one time. It got me home but I wouldn't recommend it! :roflol: