Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do the Nationals ever come East?

SLM

The IDPA Nationals were in eastern PA recently (last year?). Winter Nats in New England.

The IPSC Nationals are in Ohio...in a few weeks.

The Steel Challenge equivalent to the Nationals is always in Cali. (which seems to work).

Same for the Action Pistol Nationals (Bianchi Cup), in MO.

NRA does Camp Perry, Ohio.

There is a Level IV IPSC shotgun match planned next year, in Kentucky. (If that range pans out, could be more opportunities.)

As was mentioned, the Limited Nats was held outside on Pittsburgh in 2000 (East Huntington club). I came up with a suggestion for the East Huntington and the Pitcairn-Monroeville clubs to tag-team the USPSA handgun Nats. Those clubs are 20 minutes apart, with hotels in the middle. And, each club has hosted multiple Level III matches...rather successfully. But, I think the players there were a bit burnt out dealing with some of the hassles that (often) come with running a major match like that. I can't say as I blame them. ;)

Pasa Park (Barry, IL) is less than an 8 hr drive from Columbus, Ohio. (well, less than 6 hrs if you ride with Steve Anderson :) )

Tulsa is 12hr drive from Columbus.

You have to have a club that is able, and people that are willing.

Thanks all. I was just curious. The USPSA nats have been "out west" since I found out about and got into this game going on two years ago.

Actually, Tulsa is closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific. The last time the nationals were "out west" was Bend, Or. :rolleyes:

Alright, I'll be the bunny. Why does it matter where the Nationals are held? It's once a year, so it's worth the plane trip. :)

It matters to me where it is only because of weather. I'm no fan of shooting under water, which my experience way east of me (west coaster) gave me a new understanding of what shooting in the rain can be like. Had I know it could rain like that I would have done some practice in the shower dry firing.

Alright, I'll be the bunny. Why does it matter where the Nationals are held? It's once a year, so it's worth the plane trip. :)

It matters to me where it is only because of weather. I'm no fan of shooting under water, which my experience way east of me (west coaster) gave me a new understanding of what shooting in the rain can be like. Had I know it could rain like that I would have done some practice in the shower dry firing.

ROFLMAO...sound sorta like doubletap this year :roflol:

JIm

That's funny-a guy from Oregon complaining about the rain :roflol: don't you guys have a rain forest out there or something?

The Steel Challenge equivalent to the Nationals is always in Cali. (which seems to work).

Flex, you sort of missed on that one. The Steel Nationals have been held in Titusville, FL for the last 2-3 years. The one in CA is the "World" championship.

Alan~^~

Flex, you sort of missed on that one. The Steel Nationals have been held in Titusville, FL for the last 2-3 years. The one in CA is the "World" championship.

Alan~^~

:rolleyes:

lol

I thought me throwing the word "equivalent" in there would cover me from that. :)

But, sure...the "Steel Nationals" are another match in the east.

Just keep in mind they signed a 3 year contract for the Desert Sportsman Club here in Las Vegas. So it wont be until 2012 until it will move again.

When was that contract signed exactly? Voigt said at the members meeting that no such contract exists and he is the one who would sign it. He said he thought it was kind of funny the number of people telling him about this non existent contract. That said he was considering one.