Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR lower

L-10_shooter

I was cruzing through the lone wolf website today and found they have an AR lower that uses Glock mags. Add a 9mm upper and off you go. Has anyone used on of these? How was reliability?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1803

The better question might be when is Glock going to produce the long rumored carbine?

200$ for a 9mm only seems expensive for just a lower. The Glock mag idea is a very cool one though.

Yep - $200 + LPK + stock and receiver extension.

I'm with you - a mag block would be great - assuming it would work . . .

That's very cool. I've seen the MGI (I think I got that right), modular lowers that can swap out the part of the magwell so that you have a 9mm glock magwell, or a .223 magwell, or grease gun magwell... but I think those were even more. If only these would come down I'd consider it, very cool.

For lots cheaper than a 9mm conversion for an AR you can get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (mine was $310 retail). They come in 9mm and 40. They fold in half and will fit in a briefcase. They take Glock mags, and are (at least mine has been) very reliable.

I know, Kel-Tec...yuck! But mine works fine, and does everything I'd want a pistol caliber carbine to do. And, it folds small enough to fit in the saddlebag cases on my motorcycle, so I can be always ready to play! B)

What is the best 9mm AR system? I want to build one and there is way too much information on them.

I have RRA and I lovit. Won more than a few matches with it even shooting at some 1/3 steel uspsa target out to two hundred yards. It was a little funny bang.....................clang. Bang.....................clang. They are fun and if set up right win matchs for you has long as the cof are 150 yards.

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread here, but I'm looking at building a 9mm SBR and I was thinking about going this route. Since it's an SBR & you can't switch calibers back and forth, I figured dedicated lower was the way to go. Are the Glock mags that much better than other 9mm AR mags? Is there any disadvantage to the Lone Wolf Lower? Has anybody actually handled/shot one?

YMMV, but having had a 9mm SBR AR, I found it to be a toy/novelty at best. I was never as fast with it as with a handgun. Sold it/transferred to a friend who is a 9mm nut, he seems happy with it, but he's not really an aggressive shooter, just likes to play. IMO, pistol caliber carbines are... lacking. Fun at first, but for me the newness wore off pretty fast. If you choose to pursue it, may you enjoy it more than I did.

I was under the impression that if you wanted to permanently change the configuaration of your SBR, you can notify the ATF and they will change it in the registry. I have a 5" 9mm AR with a Trident and to me its one of my favorite toys. It's not really practical for anything other than giggling while shooting steel. What I didn't care for at all was a 7.5" AR Pistol. That wore off quick.