Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

It's actually easier on Linda as the type is much easier than a bunch of hand writing. Just trying to do my part.

P.S. your sig line reminds me of my favorite saying when I was in Saudi.................. "helloooo Nurse!"

Cyclic...we Aim to please.

Mine and M ammo's went out to the post this morning @ 0700, see everyone there!!!

the difference between a good nurse and a great nurse? a good nurse says "good morning, captain". a great nurse says "captain, it's morning!" :cheers:

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benny,

There is not an Open Class. Let me re-iterate for Tac Heavy. Pistol and SG is the same for Tac and you have to shoot .308/7.62 for Tac Heavy and you may have one (1) optic on yer rifle. Iron sights on pistol and no optic on SG.

Greg,

Can't wait for the match!!! Our apps will be in the mail in the morning.

Can I get a quick rules clarification? Does the following rule mean that Tactical Heavy is required only one hit per paper target?

8.1.1.1 The best two hits on paper will be scored for all classes except

Tactical Heavy (or best 1 for slugs if designated as one required per

target). There is no penalty for additional hits on paper.

Thanks,

Maurice

Greg,

Can't wait for the match!!! Our apps will be in the mail in the morning.

Can I get a quick rules clarification? Does the following rule mean that Tactical Heavy is required only one hit per paper target?

8.1.1.1 The best two hits on paper will be scored for all classes except

Tactical Heavy (or best 1 for slugs if designated as one required per

target). There is no penalty for additional hits on paper.

Thanks,

Maurice

Well...kinda. For Heavy, 1 hit in the A or 0 will neutralize the target.

If I sign up for Tactical can I switch to Heavy? Got some things in the works and don't know if I can commit to Heavy just yet.

Rob

A simple email message to stats will fix that. Prefer to know about that at least one week before the match, but I realize that some last minute changes may occur ("my rifle is at the gunsmith, broken or . . .).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Well, too bad the mail doesn't run at night! Mine will have to go out Tuesday.....Oh, the suspense.

edit: Where is the range? Cawthon or Cawthorn? Can't seem to find it. Address?

Edited by Kyle O

I went looking around for round count. Any ideas?

Just found out I can fly SouthWest with 22lb of ammo and all the firearms. Hope it's not much more then that.... well kinda hope not :)

How long until we know we're in the Match? Need to buy tickets.

Never done a multi-gun match before.

Thanks!

Miss Linda,

Do we include T-shirt funds in with our match fees? I assume we do, but wanted to check.

App will be going out tomorrow via "fast mail".

Thanks,

Doug Johnson

I'll just go with my gut and include T-shirt funds in with the match fees. Yeah, I know I can't mail the app until morning, but I'm really anxious to just write the check - sorta crazy, huh??

Thanks again Linda, for all you do for our sport!

Doug

Yes, you can include shirt orders with entry fees, or send later. I am fine either way.

Kyle O -- It is Cawthon. see this link to a map I stored on Google:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i....665527&z=6

Of course, you won't be coming in from South Carolina :blush: So you will need to modify the map for your location.

Oh yeah. Big warning for all you shooters sending Overnight or special delivery envelopes, etc. _ Please DO NOT send letters that require a signature if they will arrive after Saturday Jan 16.

I am leaving Monday Jan 18 for Las Vegas - Shot Show plus vacation. No one will be here to sign for it and it will either sit for a week at the carrier or be sent back after multiple attempts to re-deliver. A friend from the local gun club brings the mail in daily & checks on my cat, so letters left in the mail box by the post office will be fine.

If you are sending a message about the match, use my email as listed on the application. LChico@msn.com -- Do not send me PM's on this forum.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Ms. Linda,

I sent my Application and entry fee by FedEx and you should have it tomorrow.

Yes, I am tracking its delivery!

Sean

No problem at all through Saturday. Ask for the delivery date before you send it & if it is after Saturday, it would probably be best to send via snail US Mail.

As the application indicated, I am going by Postmark date or date sent. So a Fed Ex letter sent on Wednesday or a letter sent by standard US Mail postmarked Wednesday are the same in my eyes. I do not prioritize based on when they get in my hands.

Also, usually no need to request receipt confirmation, because I will send a confirmation that I got your info & check within 24 hours. (But obviously, anything that arrives after the 18th will wait until the 25th for confirmation.)

In any case, even taking a week to acknowledge your application & check is downright speedy compared to some posts I've seen on other threads . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ms. Linda,

I sent my Application and entry fee by FedEx and you should have it tomorrow.

Yes, I am tracking its delivery!

Sean

As the application indicated, I am going by Postmark date or date sent. So a Fed Ex letter sent on Wednesday or a letter sent by standard US Mail postmarked Wednesday are the same in my eyes. I do not prioritize based on when they get in my hands.

Great news Linda - you just saved me some coin on overnight mail. :cheers:

Entry out in the mail today with check.

I plan on running in the TAC class, but working this as an "Ironman." I will be carrying all weapons, ammo, ect in a ruck for the duration.

This should be good training and good fun.

Also, I dont think I seen this question asked yet, but - Can I tent camp at the range?

I believe the term used was "wilderness camping" available. I'll tell you though, with town just 8 or 9 miles north I'm pretty sure we'll be in a hotel. Unless M ammo has a line on a really nice camper to hook to my generator. I must say though, the hot tub at the hotel was really nice after that frozen first day.