Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Master Blaster Bullets (aka Masterblaster)

Guest bulm5

anybody using these bullets????are they pretty good?? any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Adding keywords for searches... Master Blasters, Master Blaster, Masterblaster, Masterblasters, Poly-M

Edited by Erik Warren

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm using them (200gr in 45ACP)....Tom has made dramatic improvements to the bullets over the last year or so. Smoke is pretty minimal (obviously not as good as a FMJ but still very good) and there is NO leading of the barrel at all. Overall I am VERY happy with the bullets....I've probably put over 15K down range.....its all I shoot now!

I won a certificate for a 500 count bag of these at the '03 Washington State IDPA Championships. I chose 146-gr. 9mms (yes, I said 146, that's what they sell - talk about truth in advertising) and fired them through a Glock 19. After 500 rounds, the only fouling was a bit of, for lack of a better term, gum in the bore which easily cleaned out. Good stuff.

I too saw the ad and was curious about them. I checked out their website and decided to give them a try. I ordered 1000 of them and if I like them and they work good I'll prob. just use these from now on. It's hard to find gunshops that always stock reloading bullets around here so I've been doing mail order but shipping costs kill me. His shipping is really inexpensive so hopefully they will be good. I'll keep you posted when I try them out.

Pete

I will try some 40s, Im currently using precisions but they are always backordered. Hope this is not the same black bullets from a source in FL, they had a powdery substnace coating and they were nasty. Hope they are as good as the precision or comparable.

This appears to be the same thing as Precision Bullets? I have used the Precision bullets and had great luck with them. Anyone know if these are substantially different?  :huh:

One of my shooting buddies was using the Precision bullet and was pretty set on them....he bought some of the MB bullets to try out and from what he's said...he can't tell the difference between them. As far as I know..he's made the switch from Precision to MB simply because of the cost savings.

In my own personal situation...I tested them before I bought them...once I was satisfied with the performance, I bought 10,000. I wouldn't have made that kind of financial commitment if I wasn't completely happy with the bullet.

Got my Bullets today, they are very similar to PRecisions. Random weight was between 184.4 grs to 184.9 grs. I recalibrated my scle but came out witht he same weights. Nice looking bullets. will report how they perform in my .40 thei weekend.

• 1 month later...

I've just started to shoot them (one match). Smokier than jacketed, but as has been said, you don't notice it behind the trigger. You can get away with less powder to make major and your barrel lasts longer. The owner Tom is a great guy to deal with. He's a GM himself and is at most of the local matches here in the NW.

I got some of the 200gr. RN, 45ACP bullets in and ran 500 of them through my single stack for IDPA. Very accurate and no problems. I ended up at 4.4gr. of Clays for a 165pf. I don't notice any smoke while shooting. I just got some .40 180gr MB bullets to try. If I like these I will be shooting both bullets from now on. Tom the owner was very nice to deal with and offered advice. Good experience all the way around. Price is right for sure.

Nick

I did some chronographing with the 45 and the 40 MasterBlaster Bullets and

the west coast plated for comparison.

Master Balster 180 grn bullets with 4.8 Grns Titegroup in 40. avg 963Fps

with 16.4 Standard Deviation and 23fps extreme spread.

The same load using West coast 180grn plated FP avg 938 FPS

with 13.8 SD and 36fps extreme spread.

OAL was 1.195 for both from an STI eagle 5 inch.

In 45 we used a Kimber Super match 5 inch. OAL was 1.265

MasterBlaster 200 Grn with 5.0 TiteGroup avg 799fps with 12.4 SD and 34 extreme spread.

Westcoat 200Grn Plated RN 5.0 titegroup. avg 737 with 21.8 SD and 40FPS ES

The MB in .40 was about 25 ft/s faster

The MB in 45 was almost 60ft/second faster but still not enough to go major in 200grn. :angry: I guess I will go to 5.2

Thanks. I'm about to have an economy pack of 180gr. 40 S&W on the way. I'll be using VVN320. Is anybody using this powder and bullet combo? I'll probably start at 4.0 grains and work up. A buddy of mine uses 4.4 with a precision 185gr so I figured 4.0 would be a good starting point.

I tried their bullets and they are good stuff, they were pretty accurate. I was loading 4.6 grs over V V 320. Gun is a BUL m5 IPSC in .40 cal. when I run out of my precision 200s I maybe switching to their bullets. I thought their .400 cal size would affect acuuracy but it did not. Smoke was almost the same as precision. The good thing is they always ahve bullets in stock. MY PF was 171 PF with this load.

• 2 weeks later...