Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Master Blaster Bullets (aka Masterblaster)

Guest bulm5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom is a GM and is very active shooter in the Northwest, he’ll happily lug the 2400 pack to you at a match for free! ;)

Scott,

I shoot 4.7gr Titegroup (170pf) in my 45 and I’m amazed on how LITTLE smoke there is! :blink: Maybe I’m just comparing them to my former VERY smoky LSWC…

Ed

This is Tom, at Masterblasters. Another board member forwarded me questions concerning bulk pack pricing. Originally we started shipping everything thru UPS. We then discovered that we could ship 500ct bags anywhere in the US in a flat rate Priority Mail Envelope. This is a new shipping method that would allow us to get product out to our customers for the lowest shipping cost possible and was extremely fast. Although, showing great promise as a delivery method, it is fraught with problems; the product arrives with the pkging extremely damaged or in some cases does not arrive at all. We have recently gone to insuring each pkg. this seems to help USPS in getting all of the product to our customers. Unfortunately, this is going to cause a price increase on this shipping method. We hope that we can work out these details because it's faster and cheaper for our customers than shipping via UPS.

The bulk pack was our original answer for getting the most product for your shipping dollars. Shipping bulk packs the was the best value through UPS, and although slower, product arrives with fewer problems.

It is our goal to provide the best possible product at the lowest possible price and shipping cost is a large part of this. We plan to keep both options open, so that the customer can choose what works best for them. We are happy to answer any of your questions and are always interested in your suggestions and requests.masterblasters@freeze.com

Also a word on powders, we strongly recommend using either Ramshot Competition or Vit 320 powder with our product. 4.4-4.6gr of either, under our 180gr 40cal bullet should give about 169 PF, with great results. We don't recommend Titegroup, I know it is popular, but our experience has been, it's fast burn rate causes more smoke, and some leading. Not only with our product, but with other polymer bullets as well. It also has given us huge standard deviations in velocity and poor accuracy. Ramshot Competition is priced on par with Titegroup and is my personal favorite. I've shot Vit 320 for years but am totally sold on Ramshot powders. DVC Tom

Also a word on powders....We don't recommend Titegroup, I know it is popular, but our experience has been, it's fast burn rate causes more smoke, and some leading.

As a side note...my load using the 200gr 45Cal bullet is 4.4gr of Hogdon Clays powder (about 860fps). I previously was using a LSWC bullet and was getting considerable smoke and marginal leading. Before making the switch to MasterBlaster bullets, I tested about 2000 of them and did a direct comparison to the LSWC bullets.....the difference was AMAZING! No leading and very little smoke using this load. After the test....I ordered about 12K bullets from Tom and at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be ordering another 10K very soon. Completely satisified with this bullet! To a certain degree...I think switching to this bullet helped me make A Class in L10...at least I can SEE what I'm shooting at now!

• 6 months later...

seems like a good bullet, never seen one up close or shot them. i wanted to run them through my sti , but will jacketed (MG) serve me better?the bullets are cheaper which are always a plus, however, if the accuracy isn't there, there is no point. what are yalls opinions on these bullets.

i shoot glock with factory barrel, so its mostly jacketed bullets for me..

i have shot MG bullets, zero, winchester remington, speer, sierra and various plated bullets.

I Have also used the master blaster and precision black bullets.. i think the master blaster bullets are slightly better than precision.. thicker coating is less likely to get scratched off while loading.

the accuracy is there and the price is right. my glock actually shot them better than jacketed bullets. another plus is you use less powder to make the same PF, so its cheaper still.

9mm 125 grain master blaster with 5.0 grains WAP and small winchester pistol primer was a sweet load..

i have since switched to berrys plated bullets as they are nearly as cheap, and i dont have to order 3800 of them to get a good deal;

the guy that makes them shoots them out of his sti 9mm comp gun, he claims only slightly more lead in the comp compared to FMJs,.

he uses ramshot powders/

give em a try, i think youll be happy with them

I just received a sample pack of Master Blaster 200 grn. SP in 45 ACP. I measured a few, and was impressed with the consistancy and overall quality. They were a joy to load. Going out in a few minutes to try them out. I'll let you know how they do ( or how I do :) ). I'm also shooting a G30 with KKM barrel.

Bronson7

I've been shooting MasterBlaster bullets (200gr 45ACP) now for about the last 2 years out of a Springfield L10 gun. They work great in my experience. Accurate, no smoke and very little residue left in the barrel after shooting. I've probably launched 20K down range and just bought another 12K for the next year of shooting.

I'm encouraged--I've just shot perhaps 200 of the same bullet as Steven, find them satisfactory in every way. Very easy to load on my Dillon, using the same seating die settings as for 230 fmj's. I do sense bit more smoke at the range (maybe just my imagination), but the gun stays clean and it's at least as accurate as the fmjs--maybe better.

they do smoke little more than jacketed bullets, but its not even in the same ballpark as a lead bullet. shoot a speed shoot stage at a match with plain lead, and it looks like cheech and chong....up in smoke...

I assume your using a fast powder in your peestol, if you are, try something a touch slower, like Universal Clays or Winchester Super Field.. those both work great and smoke just a touch less than bullseye or clays..

anyway, hope this helps.

Been shooting the 200gn SP about a year.

Love'em

The round nose feeds well (never had a feed problem). Shoulder acts like a wadcutter when it hits paper (big holes).

I use 4.3gn of Clays. Gives me 850fps - 170000 pf.

I've loaded about 5k rounds of 180 gr. MB bullets. I love them. Accuracy is virtually identical to MG but the price is much better. Also, very consistent weight. They are a tad smokier than MG. Best of all, unlike Precision, they're always in stock (no 6-8 week backlogs).

One caveat: according to Stidham (the manufacturer) both MB and Precision don't like Titegroup (smoky and less accurate). He recommended Ramshot Competition or VV320.

Well, I like these bullets. Feeding was flawless and the loads were more accurate than I could shoot. While resting my hand on a bench at 15 yards, shooting a 5 shot string, four were within one inch and I had a flyer about an inch and a half away from the group. Load was 4.2 grains Of Clays. I did have full barrel length leadin but it didn't seem to affect accuracy. I may not have belled my cases enough. My understanding is you have to bell a bit more because of the soft coating. Overall, I like them and ordered a thousand when I got home.

Bronson7

seems tom is one of the few non-titegroupies.

i never did like that stuff, especially with lead....

i think you get the same thing if you mix clays with pyrodex....smokey and fast...

i do like precision and masterblaster though, nice bullets.

i wish i had a 5 gallon bucket of whatever they put on their bullets.

5 gal would coat lots of 9mm and 40 bullets.

• 9 months later...

I finally tried MB bullets, specifically the .40 180 in my Limited gun.

The powder charge I used for Bear Creeks was right on for the MBBs. They hold minute-of-A-zone at sane distances, even with an admittedly inaccurate powder.

However, I noticed smoke while shooting and so did my practice partners. And when I cleaned the gun the barrel was leaded up worse than I've ever seen. (I've only shot Bear Creeks and jacketed bullets through it before.)

The manufacturer recommends against fast powders, saying they cause increased smoke and leading, and I'm guilty of using Clays. They recommend N320 but I don't see the point of using an expensive powder with an inexpensive bullet. I'm going to try a slower powder (and maybe the recommended N320) to see if I can reduce the smoke and lead.

Erik,

Try Ramshot Competition. It is a nice cheap powder, and on par with Vhit320. When I ran out of Vhit, I switched to Ramshot with no discernable difference in performance, and a $15 difference in price for a 4lb keg.

Matt