Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Much Do You Pay To Shoot?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... it kinda sorta depends upon how often I actually GO to the range. We pay an annual fee PLUS a fee every time we go in to practice. The annual fee for individuals is $75. The frequent shooter card reduces our day-fee rate to $10 ($12.50 without the ten-visit card). League action occurs three times a year for big-bore ($80 each), and .22 League occurs twice a year ($50 each).

As you can see, this can get costly for those of us who "do" league AND practice twice a week. :( So, what is that... about $1,500 a year...? :blink:

Then there's the ammo......... :unsure:

Both shooting clubs I belong to shoot on very nice taxpayer funded public ranges. One charges $2 per visit, the other charges no extra fee. (In Wyoming, if you aren't a hunter/shooter don't bother seeking public office, you might as well be a card carrying communist.) Club dues are $20 per year at each club. Match fees are $5 per match. And then there's "The Pistol Palace", my own personal 3 gun playground on twenty acres out back of the house. Life is short, why not live in paradise? B)

$75/year includes $25 work bond. If you put in 4 hours of work at the club during the year (mowing,change target backers ect) you get it back.

Includes skeet range, trap range, 5 stand sporting clays, 11 station long sporting clays course, two rifle ranges and 3 pistol ranges one of which is steel and plate racks.

Rifle, pistol free w/membership, sporting clays course is $11.50 per round.

10 minutes away priceless.

Dog

I shoot at and belong to two pistol clubs. Combined fees around $300US per annum. No range fees per visit, targets mostly provided at both. I use lots of targets and supply anything over and above what I think is fair.

The only extra fees at these clubs is when they hold a big match and everybody has to pay, mainly to cover the bar-b-que or new targets. Nothing for the weekly shoots.

Non members pay between $5 and $10 per day for using the facilities. After three visits you asked to join or else.

Hi guys,

Just so you guys know how lucky you all are, here are the prices in Hong Kong:

Join a gun club: From US$1,500 up to US$25,000

Annual dues: From US$750 up to US$1,500

Ammunition: US$0.50 per round for 9mm, US$0.72 per round for 38 Super (we're not permitted to reload)

Range time: US$10 per hour (possibly free if you pay the top dollar membership fee)

Storage of guns: US$10 per gun per month (no home storage for handguns - they must be stored at the club - but we can get limited home storage for shotguns & rifles).

And, no, there's no mistake with the numbers above. So, can somebody please adopt me and take me to the USA? I'm almost house-trained ........... :ph34r:

Vince,

you'd better move to Italy:

the range I'm member requires a $ 500 annual fee, and you are entitled to go there everytime you wish, during the opening days (wednesday afternoon, saturday and sunday).

It's not as cheap as in the USA, but at least we've got italian girls... :P

just bought some property. Building my own range, personal use and friends. Tired of calling cease fire so idiots could post targets. Will have 3 bays, 50 yds deep 25 yds wide for pistol, and a short rifle range with 200 yd berms.

Total cost first year, 27,200, after that free.

Holy Crap, I just did the math...$50.00 annual membership at the Ben Avery Clay Target center...I shoot on the average of once a week a round sporting clays...Member cost $25.00...Plus myammo cost of around $20 per hundred...just the range fees are around $1300. plus ammo cost of around $1050....I am glad the wife dosent read these posts!!!

just bought some property. Building my own range, personal use and friends. Tired of calling cease fire so idiots could post targets. Will have 3 bays, 50 yds deep 25 yds wide for pistol, and a short rifle range with 200 yd berms.

Total cost first year, 27,200, after that free.

Congratulations on your range purchase! You wouldn't happen to be located in central il and looking for another dues paying memeber :P

How much land did you have to buy behind your berms for the rifle and pistol? Any problems with neighbors?

Josh

Bought 20 acres. New Ulm, Tx. About 75 miles WNW out of Houston. Backs up to ranch with 2500 acres, owner is cool about range. No livestock, grows coastal bermuda for hay. Selling my house and moving out of Houston. Dozer is pushing up berms as we speak. I should be good for 10 to 15 years and when I'm that old, I won't care anymore.

Wish I could offer it to each of you. If you travel to this area let me know and we'll go shoot, after it is done. should be finished with pad for house and berms in 120 dys.

Yes, I am excited. Not as cool as shooting in the desert with Benos, but pretty good never the less.

Tightloop,

That is cool, and the only way to go. My range starts about 1 yd from the door of my reloading room. I stand indoors and shoot outdoors for the chrony. The actual range is about 60 yards away. Is Ulm off of 290? I'll bet you aren't very far from me.

Mike

Tightloop - Post a pic when you have it in shape - sounds awesome. :) I have a little 1 bay range about 40 yards deep x 35 wide - wish it was 50...I live about 150 miles NE of you on the I45 corrider E of Fairfield. Shoot at Leon County Gun Club E of Buffalo on 3rd Sundays - drop by and shoot sometimes. We have a great bunch of guys - they would make you feel welcome..