Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf Primers

midvalleyshooter

You know here we are still experiencing the great primer shortage of 2009. I have had back orders with all the usual suspects since March. I had a few K Federal & Winchester primers but figured I should order ASAP. Anyhow I find it Ironic that the Russians came thru for me first. Yep Powder Valley called last month and my Wolf primers were in. Since the temps here in the San Joaquin Valley finally got below 100 I ventured out to my reloading room/garage to try out the Wolf primers. Aside from adjusting the primer pocket swage alittle for some picky PMC cases all went well in the loading dept.

Wolfprimers.jpg

I loaded up 200 and went to the range. Both my G17's and my 1911 went bang every time! :cheers:

Thanks Wolf!

Keith

That place is entirely too clean.

I'm in same position - like WW primers, can't get any - just got load of

Wolf's in from PV - but not all going bang in my 9mm major TruBor -

haven't fired more than 200 yet, so going to reserve judgement, but

they just might be my practice primers.

Much better than an emergency batch of S & B primers - they were

30% failure to ignite.

Going to trade them locally or use in my Browning HP.

I've been shooting Wolf SR primers in my .38 Super Open blasters for some time now. I haven't had a single failure yet. I liked it better when they were 20% less expensive than the Winchesters but given the current shortage I'm very happy just to have the 15K that I recently received (now 12K).

I'll use either the Wolf or the Winchester primers without a second of hesitation.

I've been shooting Wolf SR primers in my .38 Super Open blasters for some time now. I haven't had a single failure yet.

I just fired off about 75 or 100 of the Wolf's and had one wouldn't

go off after hitting it five times (a huge dent in the primer, but

I threw the round away). The others were all perfect.

Hello: You are not suppost to use the Pinata stick on your kids :roflol: I have loaded up some 223 with the Wolf primers and will try them out this week I hope. Good to here they are working for you guys. Thanks, Eric

Eric I can see your pinata experience is limited :) See the way it works for us Dads is, we hang the pinata. Then we blind fold each kid one at a time. Then we spin them around and say "OK, hit the pinata" thats when the kid hits US with the stick. And thats the way it works every time, honest :roflol:

I've been shooting Wolf SR primers

Which SR? Regular, magnum or 223? (Wolf has a special .223 primer with a thicker cup)

I just fired off about 75 or 100 of the Wolf's and had one wouldn't

go off after hitting it five times (a huge dent in the primer, but

I threw the round away). The others were all perfect.

It would have been interesting to pull the bullet and *very carefully* poke out the primer to check to see if it had an anvil.