Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Re-sealable" plastic bags

benos

I was watching Michele wrestling trying to close a "re-sealable" plastic bag with some cheese in it... and she blurted out -

"How much of your life do you waste trying to close these things! - You should put something in your Hate Forum on it."

It was hilarious - and right on target. I hate those cheap-ass bags.

be

I got so angry at a cheese package with one of those alleged re-closable seals one day, I just cut the damn' thing OFF and rolled up the package and sealed it with an ol' fashioned clothes pin, dammit. <_<

I give up and put them in a baggy. :cheers:

A.T.

an ol' fashioned clothes pin

A what ?!?! :roflol:

Find the nearest person twice your age and ask them.....

.....they'll know. Once upon a time clothes pins were used to hang freshly washed clothing from a line in the back yard to air dry --- now you young whippersnappers are spoiled by buying a machine to do that --- usually located right next to the washer.....

You do know how to do your own laundry, right? :roflol: :roflol:

Actually, I inherited a batch of un-used, wooden spring-clamp clothes pins from one grandmother's kitchen effects when she passed away. I use 'em to seal up tortilla chip bags and the like. B)

Now, if you want OLD, bear in mind that originally clothes pins didn't even have the spring-loaded element (the three-piece construction models)--they were milled/carved out of a SINGLE piece of wood and just the pressure of the garment over the clothesline secured by this slotted wooden thingy was the way clothes stayed on the line. And God knows what they used before that. This "clothespin" concept was definitely not alien technology or anything. :rolleyes:

an ol' fashioned clothes pin

A what ?!?! :roflol:

Find the nearest person twice your age and ask them.....

.....they'll know. Once upon a time clothes pins were used to hang freshly washed clothing from a line in the back yard to air dry --- now you young whippersnappers are spoiled by buying a machine to do that --- usually located right next to the washer.....

You do know how to do your own laundry, right? :roflol: :roflol:

Wait a minute! I'm not twice Flex's age, and I know what the heck a spring clothes pin is. The really old style like Siggy mentions were also round, turned on a lathe.

Once upon a time clothes pins were used to hang freshly washed clothing from a line in the back yard to air dry --- now you young whippersnappers are spoiled by buying a machine to do that ---

I don't have a machine that hangs clothes on a line out back. That sounds like something the Germans would do. :roflol:

Here is a good use for those clothes pins now...