Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much would you pay to NOT have to reset targets at a 3 gun

A little off topic but very related, what about setup ? I regularly shoot a $20 pistol match that attracts about 100-125 shooters each month. The MD also has setup issues like everyone, I have allways wondered, Why not charge $25 ? use the $500 to hire 5 teens, a couple hours work Sat evening setup a couple hours work Sunday evening tearing down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$150 in ammo? I spent a fair bit more than that on ammo tat the Ironman this year. I think that taping and reseting steel is a part of the match. Hire a few kids to do the blind stages (do three or four) and keep the status quo on the rest. It's not like the extra rest would give me an advantage over Russell anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

on most big matches I would say no.

but for your match travis, I think that this is a good idea, on some stages where the reset is causing us to backup.

long field stages, blind stages . . .this would help the shooters and the flow of the match.

would it have kept us from nearly killing off the RO on stage 10 this year???? mayby mayby not (thanks for jumping in on that golf cart)

having one stage helper dedicated to running the quad out to reset the star and not have to explane "if their shooting on bay two you shouldnt go yet". . .to each squad . . . it would speed things up.

but to shoot nap shoot nap. . . no thats not why i'm here

ohh and the Troupers . . . they tape and reset them selves. . . just on principal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nothing is for sure yet, but Bob N. and I are working on a plan to make it so no one has to set steel or tape targets at the Ironman in 2010. How much extra of a match fee would you pay for this little luxury? We are going to have to hire help so I'm just trying to get a feel for how much we could pay them.

As near as I could tell, we would have just about everything taken care of so all you would have to do is....well....shoot!! Let me know what you think.

Adios,

TG

ETA: I'm not smart enough to get the poll to work, but here are the choices I was going to give:

Less than $5

Between $5 and $10

Between $10 and $20

More than $20

How about getting a local Boy Scout troop or similar to do it for tips? My kids sports teams have done bagging at the local grocery stores for tips. I think if the kids were a bit older, say 12 and up, with their adult leaders, they'd be safe and even have fun. Also a good way to expose them to shooting.

Nothing is for sure yet, but Bob N. and I are working on a plan to make it so no one has to set steel or tape targets at the Ironman in 2010. How much extra of a match fee would you pay for this little luxury? We are going to have to hire help so I'm just trying to get a feel for how much we could pay them.

As near as I could tell, we would have just about everything taken care of so all you would have to do is....well....shoot!! Let me know what you think.

Adios,

TG

ETA: I'm not smart enough to get the poll to work, but here are the choices I was going to give:

Less than $5

Between $5 and $10

Between $10 and $20

More than $20

How about getting a local Boy Scout troop or similar to do it for tips? My kids sports teams have done bagging at the local grocery stores for tips. I think if the kids were a bit older, say 12 and up, with their adult leaders, they'd be safe and even have fun. Also a good way to expose them to shooting.

Boy scouts are what we intend on using along with Four H, and FFA, and any other group we can come up with. We'll need about 50 kids and 10 adults to be at the range three days in a row from dawn to dark. We have tried doing the tip option a couple of times in the past and the kids have had all the fun/money they can stand after one day....and they don't show back up again. At any other match, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but at this one, they get tired fast.

Adios,

TG