Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Day At The Range w/ the Mrs.

uscbigdawg

She likes the 22 and before you say anything, I offered to build her a better position than on the ammo box.

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

She did okay with the 22 pistol and only fired my 308 once and was so scared by it that she didn't even want to take a picture with it :D (with the Surefire brake it's more than a little loud).

All in all a fun day at the range. She had a bunch of the mall ninjas pissed off since she was drilling the 2-3" steel plates at distance without even trying. :D

Rich

Yeah...I'm more than a little lucky. She's been working up to it for a couple of months. Literally her first rounds fired...EVER!

Now she loves to show off her target and brags about how well she did. Of course, you could give a blind squirrel my 10/22 setup for STC and they'd shoot a great group, but she still did phenomenal. My favorite part was again watching the tactibillies next to her gettin' PISSED when she was drilling the steel. Yeah buddy!!!

Rich

Rich,

I can let you get past the first date without taking her to the range, but not taking her on you second is really pushing it! B)

Well at least you got her to the range eventually! :D

Hopefully this leads to many more times spent together at the range! :cheers:

Randy

One of the first things I did was put Susan behind the .308. She started shooting without a brake, she likes the break better, but the can is her favorite.post-13561-1250753380_thumb.jpg

And one day I hope to be doing this. It's a .338 Lapua with a REAL brake, and yes, she is just about to pull the trigger (the scope never touches her eye). The little one LOVES to make it go boom. With the "Fat Bastard" brake a .338LM is actually quite pleasant to shoot, yet still very expensive.

post-13561-1250753583_thumb.jpg

I still love going to the range with a nice old 22. That's great that your wife goes with you. Looks like she's having a good time You're a lucky man.

Me too, but then 22's aren't old when you are my age. Getting the 22 to agree to go the range with me is the problem! :rolleyes:

Edited by Storm52

Hello: I shot my Mech-Tech/Glock 9mm today. It was a blast to shoot it after 6 months or so. I sighted in the C-More I have for it to shoot some steel. Next time out I will take my wife, 10year old and my 6 year old. I was also bring along the 22's if I can find some ammo for it here. I know I have some in a box some place but after the move I can't find it yet :surprise: Thanks, Eric

i try to drag the wife whenever i can. she shoots a 5" .357 taurus tracker and LOVES it. in fact, i have to tell her to "slow down" cause i cant keep up with the $$$$ :roflol:

she's about 5"3 and 100 lbs. i originally bought it for her to shoot 38's but .357s are a BREEZE in this gun. in fact i want to get a 44 mag now in a tracker :)

For what it's worth, now that you have her interest, I suggest you get someone (besides you) to be her shooting coach. Nothing against your teaching/shooting skills, but there is something to be said for taking the personal relationaship out of the shooting instruction.

As the wife of a fellow shooter once told me about why her husband is not her shooting coach "If I start taking his instructions on shooting, he might think I should start listening to him on other subjects."

Seriously, I went to the range today with my wife and we had a great time sharing something that we've both come to enjoy; glad you had the same experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Rich, That is great! As Jim said, the expense starts NOW! I was tickled pink that my wife called today to verify the combo to the gun club gate so she could check zero BEFORE the big Cowboy Action match at Klamath Falls this weekend. She will probably like your 3-gun rifle in a year or so :devil: .