Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rohrbaugh 9mm

-JQ-

I thought I'd show off my new CCW...it fits nicely in my pocket. In fact it is there right now. According to Karl Rohrbaugh, these are meant to be carried a lot and shot a little; meaning these are not for uspsa level use/abuse.

This is 9mm. 6+1 rds gold dots or silver are recommended.

4q2986.jpg

35i97rm.jpg

91biwx.jpg

Edited by hk_mtbr

weight is about 14 oz loaded.

The trigger is long and heavy enough but not too heavy - the key word would be SMOOOTH! Can't compare to a Kahr but it feels consistent pretty much all the way through with little if any stacking and no grit at all.

The fit and finish is top grade.

How much was it ?

2 glocks and a keltec - :devil: or at least could have been.

$1100 at TW. No one else stocks them or at least no one seemed to have them...TW had the R9s (my model), a Robar version and a version in 380....and there are NO deals on the dang things anywhere...used ones seem to be so close to new prices that I figured I would rather pony up and get a fresh one. Some of the pre-owned are more than new do to the "cult collector" status of the earlier ones. I didn't care about collectible - just want one to carry everyday.

Really nice looking gun. I like the holster - do you really need it though? Does it fit in your front pocket?

You always need a pocket holster to keep the lint out. Always!

In OH it is against the law to pocket carry without a holster, too. It fits in my pocket just fine...and stays in there when the pistol is drawn.

How much was it ?

2 glocks and a keltec - :devil: or at least could have been.

$1100 at TW. No one else stocks them or at least no one seemed to have them...TW had the R9s (my model), a Robar version and a version in 380....and there are NO deals on the dang things anywhere...used ones seem to be so close to new prices that I figured I would rather pony up and get a fresh one. Some of the pre-owned are more than new do to the "cult collector" status of the earlier ones. I didn't care about collectible - just want one to carry everyday.

Maybe I did see you at TW. I stopped in on break and did see a familiar face. Nice little pistol.

I thought I'd add this to the CCW aspect.

Today I'm wearing jeans and it fits nicely in my front pocket even while sitting. I know it is there for sure but it isn't nearly as pesky as I thought it would be.

Although, it does offer a bit more of a print, I don't think anyone would know what it is...but there is a certain Tom Jones effect ;) And hey what guy doesn't want some gal to ask if there is a gun in his pocket...I just won't reply that it is only minor power factor...YMMV

I'm jealous.

I've seen pocket guns go from .25 to .32 and .380.

About the time I started wondering just how small you could make a 9mm, I saw a magazine article on the Rohrbaugh. I've wanted one ever since, but it's not in the budget anytime soon. I see this as a serious step forward in concealed carry weapons. In most 9mm frame sizes you can get .40. So unless recoil is a problem, I believe more is better. But this is where I think a 9 could really stand out, in a pistol that a 40 just would not physically fit into, about the size of some of the smaller .380s.

I often carry a NAA Pug .22 Mag in a pocket holster when it's not possible to carry something bigger, or as a backup to a larger weapon. It's pretty warm most of the time and it's difficult to dress around most pistols for concealed carry except in winter.

Edited by mgood

I think I would pass on something this small in 40...just me tho

I didn't mean I wanted something quite that small in a 40.

I'm just saying that that's what I'd like to have in a 9, a pistol that's more compact than you could ever make a 40.