Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shot my range bag.

The side ports of my AR's Jakenator Compensator blew the main pocket off. It was being used as an impromptu bench rest at the time.

SH!t.

Glad nothing else was in the way. :rolleyes:

Oh well. It was a beater bag. And I've been looking at those tacticool backpacks...so there you go.

Do they make a backpack with "Compensator Proof" as a feature?

Yeah, any bag will work. Just leave it in the car while you're shooting.

My ex-wife put a gash in my Dillon range bag doing the same thing. I also have a Dillon Border Shift ammo bag that I ventilated in the same fashion. Luckily no zippers were injured in either case.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

You have to be careful about those impromptu rests. A friend of mine years ago put several creases and a couple of holes through the hood of his truck. He was sighting in a scoped rifle and forgot to take into account parallax.

You have to be careful about those impromptu rests. A friend of mine years ago put several creases and a couple of holes through the hood of his truck. He was sighting in a scoped rifle and forgot to take into account parallax.

After a near miss while bow fishing I coined a phrase that fits here "Parallax is a bitch."

-ld

Many years ago a friend put a 6" gash in the hood of his brand new Ford 4x4 with a scoped rifle. He had to replace the hood. Expensive! Another fellow tried to immitate Chuck Conners in The Rifleman with a lever action rifle. Rolled the skin and flesh off two fingers all the way to the bone. :surprise: OUCH!!

CYa,

Pat

...I also have a Dillon Border Shift ammo bag that I ventilated in the same fashion. Luckily no zippers were injured in either case...

CYa,

Pat

Ditto. But one zipper didn't make it.

Went to an camping equipment repair store for a heavy duty repair. Cost me near as much as the bag itself to get it fixed up, but ole trusty is back in business.

My mom, who is a good shot, was shooting at a porcupine in the opposite ditch than she was parked in. She leaned across the bed rail of the pickup with a scoped rifle and put a nice four hole group through the opposite side bed rail. She couldn't figure out why she couldn't hit the porcupine until she finally saw her group in the truck.

Dale