Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet feeder for super 1050

Not sure that the RCBS feeder will tolerate the 1050's toolhead moving up and down. I think it is designed for fixed tool head presses like theirs, the 550 and 650.

I have the Kiss/ Mr. Bulletfeeder on my 1050 and it works great despite looking like something that someone assembled in their garage using spare plumbing parts...

Not sure that the RCBS feeder will tolerate the 1050's toolhead moving up and down. I think it is designed for fixed tool head presses like theirs, the 550 and 650.

That's correct, talked to a rep for RCBS at the IWA tradeshow this year, he confirmed this.

Still looks like a nice device for the 650 and all though, caliber conversions for handgun calibers are allready included from the start, etc.

Currently testing the RCBS bullet feeder on a Super 1050 in 40cal. I have solved the only issue so far-spring could pull out of coupler at top of clear tube due to up/down motion. After fix and 1200 rnds-no issue. When I received the unit-I took it apart to see what makes it go. More later as I continue my test.

How many bullets will the kiss/mr. bullet feeder hold, the rcbs site says theirs only hold 200?

200 would be reasonable for a non-progressive press, but it would definitely slow you down on a 1050.

Why? The press only holds a 100 primers. How long does it take to refill the hopper with bullets, compared to time saved by not needing to place bullets individually?

How many bullets will the kiss/mr. bullet feeder hold, the rcbs site says theirs only hold 200?

200 would be reasonable for a non-progressive press, but it would definitely slow you down on a 1050.

Why? The press only holds a 100 primers. How long does it take to refill the hopper with bullets, compared to time saved by not needing to place bullets individually?

Unless you just want to quickly crank out 100 or so, I find that the following routine works out well...

At the start of the session make sure you have 250-300 bullets in the collator. Then, when you add primers, just toss in some more bullets...maybe a handful or two . That's about it.

You actually can put a lot more bullets in the collator though... depending upon caliber/size. I'd guess you could put 400 55gr 223's in there with no problems, but that many 230gr 45's would be a bit much in my opinion.

Rick

I have used both Mr Bullet Feeder and GSI. I own a GSI on my own 1050, I follow the system Rick advises and I top up every primer fill. At the end of the day you get an increase in rounds per hour of about 15% due to the time it takes to top things up. But I load at the same rate and I can keep an eye on all the other thing going on with the machine. I am sure if you went balls out you could reload at a staggering rate. I just don't need to.

A friend has the KISS / Mr Bullet Feeder on his 650, he has to top up bullets every 200 rounds. He also has found that he loads at the same rate as before having the bullet feeder, he has had to make some minor mods to the unit to make it work the way he wants. Another guy I know has one for his 1050. No problems with no mods (YET, he will "improve" it).

I think the RCBS will work well as well. No esperience, but they generally don't screw up that badly. I have also heard that they don't like the 1050 moving tool head.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my Mr. Bulletfeeder about a week ago, and I have already loaded a thousand 40 S&Ws. Wish my 650 and case feeder worked as reliably as the bullet feeder. With the addition of the RF 100 I can now actually load 600+ rounds an hour.

I have screwed up hands and manipulating bullets to place on the case was slowing me down. Now I can concentrate on case feeding issues (old style case feeder) and various priming problems (old primer didn't pop out or primer plate didn't advance); instead of this, plus putting a bullet in the case mouth.

If I ever get a 1050 it will definately have a Mr. Bulletfeeder on it.

I'm glad I was able to find a link to Mr. Bulletfeeder through one of the member's here, and glad to know that RickRak2000 the owner of Mr. Bulletfeeder, is a member here. This is like having Carl Zeiss as a member of a scope forum.

With all the talent here this is a great sight for competative shooters, and serious shooters.

Don't mean to sound like a commercial, but you have no idea how this has helped me.

Thanks for the great forum Brian.

• 2 weeks later...