Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made IDPA Master today- 93.40sec in SSP!

lugnut

Did it tonight. I knew I was getting close but didn't expect it today! More room for improvements for sure.

Next major goal- USPSA Product A class... that is going to be tough.

Edited by lugnut

Did it tonight. I knew I was getting close but didn't expect it today! More room for improvements for sure.

Next major goal- USPSA Product A class... that is going to be tough.

Congrats Lugnut!! It's a great feeling isn't it? It took me something like six months to shave off a second or two and make it in CDP. I remember that night like it was yesterday! I think my buddy Gary was more excited than I was! Then he promptly signed my card.

So let me get this straight... You can shoot and practice the classifier until you get a score you want?

I always thought you moved up by shooting a classifier match or moved up by winning your division in a regular or major match.

Edited by wooddog

Outstanding! I know what you mean about this being a huge goal, and other people being more excited than you are when you make it. When you total up the score sheet, that moment when the numbers come out to "Master".... I don't know, it's hard to describe, only those who have been there know what it feels like. You're just....calm, right? You have this incredible sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand, the SO who was running me through was totally hipped. "That was really cool. I've never actually watched anyone shoot Master before. You should have Sandy sign your card." He took me over the next range where Sandy Wylie, the section coordinator, happened to be practicing that day, to get my card signed. It was one of those days that goes in the mental scrapbook. :D

So let me get this straight... You can shoot and practice the classifier until you get a score you want?

I always thought you moved up by shooting a classifier match or moved up by winning your division in a regular or major match.

I did shoot an official classifier match. It was a small classifier match for some shooters that needed official classification for the New England IDPA Regionals coming up. The Club IDPA contact and I ran it... and shot it.

Outstanding! I know what you mean about this being a huge goal, and other people being more excited than you are when you make it. When you total up the score sheet, that moment when the numbers come out to "Master".... I don't know, it's hard to describe, only those who have been there know what it feels like. You're just....calm, right? You have this incredible sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand, the SO who was running me through was totally hipped. "That was really cool. I've never actually watched anyone shoot Master before. You should have Sandy sign your card." He took me over the next range where Sandy Wylie, the section coordinator, happened to be practicing that day, to get my card signed. It was one of those days that goes in the mental scrapbook. :D

Talk about parallels Duane!!! Yeah- I was running it like I always do... but wasn't really expecting to get to Master. After stages 1 and 2 I knew I was doing well... but on stage 3 I needed a good time... and I couldn't drop a lot of points. Either way like you said- it was funny- our club's IDPA contact was adding up my sheet while I was running the next shooter... I saw some giggling behind me but didn't think much of it. Turns out he added up my scores and realized I had made Master. He is a Master in SSP (match bump) and he too had never seen anyone run the classifier at Master level. I am the 2nd one at our club's IDPA chapter to make Master- there are many more of course in the area!

I did shoot an official classifier match. It was a small classifier match for some shooters that needed official classification for the New England IDPA Regionals coming up. The Club IDPA contact and I ran it... and shot it.

Well done!!

My IDPA club president, BE.com's own RickB, has commented that he's never run anyone through the classifier at Master level. He's aware it's been done, he's just never been the guy holding the timer when it's happened. He's never even seen it done, though he is of course aware it's been done. I have it in mind, one of these days, to improve my time on the classifier to the point that I can make it to the tighter ESP standards with the Glock 34 (the same gun I used to get SSP Master) and have Rick be the guy who runs me through the classifier for that. :D