Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting a call from the sheriff!

-JQ-

My OH CCW has come in after only 9 days!

I rally hated that when I moved across the rive into OH my KY CCW was no longer valid...I have felt "neked" for the past few months.

I think I'll hobble down there today!

:cheers:

My CCW is good for any state. Even after I retire it is still good. I'm glad you got it. I could use the backup! :roflol:

The LE CCW is only valid if you recertify your firearms qualification with your department every year at your expense after you retire. I was really unhappy about that law that makes retired LE's better than me until I read the law closely. My CCW is valid for 4 years and I don't have to reshoot every year and it is valid in about 25 states and the only one I care about when I go visiting. Michigan, don't go to Detroit without one. :roflol:

I'd be willing to bet that once you move from KY to OH, the reciprocity ends. Once you change your legal residence to the new state, you have to get a permit from that state.

That is probably the problem.

A.T.

I'd be willing to bet that once you move from KY to OH, the reciprocity ends. Once you change your legal residence to the new state, you have to get a permit from that state.

Yup that was the issue...OH resident with KY CCW...not valid...kind of a bummer having to re-cert but I learned a few things so it was all goof I also had a great instructor and would gladly recommend him if anyone needs an OH CCW/CHL...just PM me...The instructor had us shooting on the move during the shoot portion - it was better than KY requirements in that regard. Of course I kept waiting on the LMR command :surprise:

But now I'm all good and legal...

And Dan - You've earned the right to carry upon retirement! I don't think I could work that hard...but always happy to back you if needed...but i try to stay out of the area you spend your busy time.

Joel,

What county in OH did you apply for your CCW? 9 days is really fast turnaround.

Butler Co.

I wish I could get a couple of tax stamps turned that quick.

Joel,

What county in OH did you apply for your CCW? 9 days is really fast turnaround.

The turnaround on mine in Delaware County (North of Columbus) was 12 days (including two weekends) in May.

One of my friends had a 2-day turnaround from Franklin County (Columbus) about the same time!

• 4 weeks later...
But I could have done without sitting in the lobby with that crowd. :surprise:

I was there bright and early so no visitors in the lobby...

Pezco - 4 days must be a new world record. Congrats!