Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero vs. PD vs. MG

Sarge

I have only used MG bullets so far but finally checked out the "other guys".

The prices are better as near as I can tell. But are they all of equally high quality?

My biggest question is regarding FMJ's. Are the lead bases exposed on all bullets listed as FMJ by all three makers except for hollow points?

Thanks

The prices are better as near as I can tell. But are they all of equally high quality?

My biggest question is regarding FMJ's. Are the lead bases exposed on all bullets listed as FMJ by all three makers except for hollow points?

Thanks

Don't think PD makes a CMJ bullet. No matter - PD has no stock these days, nor does Zero. That leaves you with MG. I use MG exclusively. Great product and they are currently available. They arrive at my door within 2 days of ordering even though it's a long way from Montana to CT.

I have used the PDs and they are a very nice bullet their FMJs do have lead exposed bases, for this reason I have switched to the MG CMJs for match ammo. Less lead and smoke is less lead and smoke both indoors and out.

No experience with the Zero's other than seem hard to get (ok I didn't look realy hard but why bother when I can just click the mouse a couple times and have the MGs at my door in 2-4 days)

Thanks

best groups i have fired from the SP01 and MP pro have been with the Zero. 147jhp in the SP01 and 125jhp in the Pro, both with TG. MG groups are ok, just didn't match Zero in my experience. Your resutls may differ...

That said, i haven't been able to get Zero in sometime - no prob getting MG.

I was able to dig up some old threads(2005)comparing bullets and did some math and came to the conclusion I am happy with MG and will continue using them.

Thanks for the replies.

Montana Gold has been a superior sponsor of MidAtlantic shooting this year. They donated a hefty prize package to the Va-MD section match and the upcoming Area 8 Championship. Additionally, I order bullets about every 3 months and have them in my possession in under 1 week every time. No delays, no mistakes, no surprises.

I like that.

I have and continue to use both MG and Zero JHP's. I've had FMJ from both but the base is exposed leading to more smoke. Since the JHP's are essentially the same price I now use them exclusively. I really haven't seen any accuracy differences between the two brands in my Open guns.