Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 9mm for limited minor?

ArvinM

You think its a good idea to shoot the SP01 9mm in Limited class? I am trying to save money and not spend too much for a limited gun. All I know is that I could save a ton of money by transforming my production SP01 into a limited gun. Ammo alone would be quite a significant savings for me.

Edited by ArvinM

its a challenge to run at the top of the division ..but the SP01 makes a great limited minor gun. you can get the mags to 22 or 23 rounds. and do well..I tried it a couple of times and do well.

CZ makes a 25-rd mag for the SP-01. Don't know it's legality as far as USPSA is concerned.

unfortunately its too long for the 140mm mag gauge..

Angus makes two mag bases now..one for 16rnd mags and one for the SP01 mag that will fit the mag gauge.

Sure, as long as you are perfectly comfortable staying minor (one of our locals occassionaly runs his SA in LTD/L10 minor, and I've run my standard 75B in LTD minor once as well).

Just go grab some of these: http://czcustom.com/cz75extbasepadshort.aspx :D

Can I use the longer +4 basepads or will that get me over 140mm?

They're over 140mm.

See post #18 at this link:

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topi...0.msg129964#new

Anyone out there reloading 9mm minor with Titegroup? Would 3.7 grain, 124gr montana gold, 1.15"oal work? I did the search but only found members recommending Clay for powder.

Anyone out there reloading 9mm minor with Titegroup? Would 3.7 grain, 124gr montana gold, 1.15"oal work? I did the search but only found members recommending Clay for powder.

I use 3.9-4.0 Titegroup with the 124 MG CMJ seated at 1.145. This is in a S&W M&P Pro. Very popular load for a variety of Production guns.

I use 3.9-4.0 Titegroup with the 124 MG CMJ seated at 1.145. This is in a S&W M&P Pro. Very popular load for a variety of Production guns.

Thank you! I'll try that.

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot Titegroup with Zero 125gr JHPs and MG 124 JHPs (which ever is cheaper in bulk) using 3.9 grs Titegroup. Win primers (SP or SR), Fed (SP), CCI (SP), Wolf (SR) primers. Load consistently stays at 129-131 PF. COL 1.25"

• 1 month later...

Arvin,

+1 for the 4.0ish load of TG with 124 gr bullets that others have recommended. I think I was at 1.13 OAL though. My SPO1 was snappy and fast with that load, loved it.

• 3 weeks later...
My friends SP01 would not make PF with 4.0 or it was right on the edge. I am pretty sure he does 4.2 or so

4.0 barely made minor in my SP01 with 124gr MG CMJs. I bumped it to 4.1 for a bit more margin. I think it was 131pf at nationals.

I too have considered shooting in Limited as Minor with the SP01. I think it would do really well. Its a shame the SP01 in .40 has such limited capacity. If not for that, I think it would be the perfect bargain limited gun.

Edited by ManNamedJed

The son of our club's VP shot Limited Minor with Dad's old Springfield P9. He worked his way to Limited champ in the Michigan State Sectionals a few years ago.

You have less recoil and more bullets, but you get punished more for C and D hits. Hey, you're having fun, getting in trigger time, and the ammo costs less. Just shoot lots of A's.