Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Shooting" taking over my life

Bigpops

Curious...how many of you have noticed how the shooting sports has "influenced" your lives?

Yesterday I was using my Dewalt battery pack drill. As I changed the battery I noticed I flipped it like I was performing a reload! Awesome! :cheers:

BP

Edited by Bigpops

Wood working to build my bench, machine shop classes to work on my guns, driving hours to learn from a great 1911 armorer, Brownell's catalogue right beside me, and plans on upcoming needs for bullets, primers, and wondering when I'll find time to reload. Health kick to perform in a match better. Planning family vacations around shooting events.

:roflol:

Leam

I've noticed that I no longer punch the buttons on the radio in my truck. I take up the slack, and press.

Until you double tap one, or run transitions so fast nobody hears the music, pressing the shifter button constantly.... it goes on and on and on...

Yesterday I was using my Dewalt battery pack drill. As I changed the battery I noticed I flipped it like I was performing a reload!

If you find yourself standing there practicing reloads with your drill, you need to sit down and re-evaluate things a bit. Otherwise, go for it! :cheers:

P.S. Stick to doing tactical reloads with the drill. Dropping the battery pack on the ground is a bad thing!

Edited by Graham Smith

I remember hearing a story where a guy was getting ready to wash a sink full of dirty dishes, his wife came in and found him, essentially dryfiring, how he was going to wash, rinse, and place the dish in the drying rack...

By the way, the guy is a GM.

Since I started smoking ten years ago, I've always packed my cigarettes 7 times, flipped the pack, then 7 more, etc. A couple months ago that since I'd switched to revolver I now do it 6 times.

Since I started smoking ten years ago, I've always packed my cigarettes 7 times, flipped the pack, then 7 more, etc. A couple months ago that since I'd switched to revolver I now do it 6 times.

More proof that revolver shooters can't count past 6! Wait till you get that 627 and you'll be packing your cigs 8 times :roflol:

I've done the "trigger" disipline a huge number of times. My personal favorites are when you open up your car and there's uspsa targets, ammo, and other shooting related crap in the back, and the reaction you get from some people.

Or, taking change out of your pockets at a register and realizing there's brass and/or live rounds in pile. The clerk's face is generally priceless :ph34r:

How about when you enter a room and you think about it like a walk-through on a shoot house :lol:

or

you make sure your cell phone holster doesn't come forward of your hip bone. :P

or

When your driving on the interstate and when you see a sign for a gun shop it's suddenly time to take a rest break :D

The other day I was driving through a strange town when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a big red GUN sign over a door in a strip mall. So I whipped my truck into the parking lot of a ....uh......SHO GUN restaurant. :rolleyes: