Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WST In .40 edge

mildot1

I am starting to feel the crunch.

I have been very happy with 5.0 gr's of N320 out of my 5" bushing barrel edge .40 with a S&S 180 gr cast bullet.

Unfortunately there seem to be no 4lb jugs available and I am not going to pay $30 bucks plus a pound.

I am taking a class with Max and Travis at the end of august and need to load up about 1300 rounds and doubt I have enuff N320 to do that and still have enuff pratice ammo till then.

Looking for a 170 PF load that is fairly clean and I have heard some good things about WST.

Any help would be great.

Brad

I have been very happy with 5.0 gr's of N320 out of my 5" bushing barrel edge .40 with a S&S 180 gr cast bullet.

Unfortunately there seem to be no 4lb jugs available and I am not going to pay $30 bucks plus a pound.

I am taking a class with Max and Travis at the end of august and need to load up about 1300 rounds and doubt I have enuff N320 to do that and still have enuff pratice ammo till then.

Looking for a 170 PF load that is fairly clean and I have heard some good things about WST.

Any help would be great.

Brad

you will have to go over the max per the books to make 170

I usually load N320 but have had some promising results from Solo 1000. I'm in the decision process deciding between buying another 4# jug of N320 or 8# of Solo 1000 for the same price.

added info.

My edge likes em best at 1.187 -1.189 bout the best I can get from my loadings.

Can anyone give me a start point for this COL and bullet weight.

I'm thinking 4.5 grs at this length.

Thanks

Brad

Thanks for all the help!!

Apparently my N320 is in route so I am safe for the present.

I am however going to try the WST due to the cost savings aspect.

Again Thanks for the help

Brad

I must have a better chrono than your's shooting N320 with Precison (Moly) 185's my major load was only 4.4 gr out of my Edge. (both of them one has 40K rounds the other has <1K).

+1 on WST 4.7-48.gr with 185gr Precision loaded at 1.185.

For jacketed 180 you will need to bump it up to 5.1-5.2 gr.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used both WST and American Select. I am away from home so do not have access to the data for American Selct but you can fiond the data for WST on Hodgdon's website.

Any help would be great.

Brad

I shoot a simple 5.0 of WST under a 180MG out of my para and it runs great. Just picked up an Edge last month. Hadn't even had the chance to take it to the range, said what the heck and threw it in the bag with brand new mags and my para loads. Everything ran great, and it was more accurate than I can be. You get concerned when you see that your second stage has no shoots behind the plate rack at 20 FREAKING yards!! It turned out ok, I only shot one good guy. I shoot VV in my open gun and I love the powder, but don't overlook the WST-best kept secret out there.