Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with my 12yr old son

bkeeler

Me and my 12yr old son went shooting yesterday and he shot a pistol for the first time. It was great.

Here is the video.

:cheers:

BK

Very cool - your boy is a natural. Are you sure that was his first time shooting a pistol?? He looked like he was doing exceptionally well! My youngest son started competing with me occasionally when he was about 12 (a local club let him use a .22 for his first several matches until he got the hang of it. He's 15 now and we still shoot together whenever we can. He'll be the best shooting buddy you've ever had. :cheers:

This was his first time shooting a pistol, I started him out just shooting a 22 rifle since he was about 8 yrs old maybe 7 can't remember. I have worked with him on the grip technique. I think we will be working more on the pistol shooting!

Maybe the timer will come out after a few more sessions,but for now I just want him to get the hits and not distract him from the task at hand with a timer.

:cheers:

BK

Edited by bkeeler

I was in Wally World a couple of months back seeing if they had any 22 ammo. Lo and behold they have two bricks. While waiting to pay I see a little Cricket 22 single shot. This one had a bright pink stock. Needless to say I decide that my granddaughter needs a pink rifle to complete her new pink outfit her mother just bought for her. I called my daughter-in-law to tell her about the present I just bought Audrey. Her mothers reaction... COOL! :cheers: Audrey is 2 1/2 years old. I was afraid that Obummer might outlaw pink single shot rifles. :angry2:

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Looks good. Shooting a little "Double Trouble" huh.

I can't wait for my son to come along as well. My wife is looking forward to it as well.

Congrats to the proud dad.

:cheers: Won't be long and you can bring him to the Indiana match with you.

• 1 month later...

I took my 12-year-old son shooting today. It was his first time to shoot a pistol. His favorite was my limited .40 Glock and the plate rack. We went through 500 rounds of ammo, and he was happy the entire time! He also shot my AR and loved it. Good times!