Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

George Huening

sperman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GH is building me a new Limited gun, but in the mean time I bought a off the shelf Edge for a back-up and to get used to running the 2011 platform. (I am converting from a Glock.)

I find it a blessing to have GH local to me. GH and I have become pretty good friends in the past couple of years. When I picked up my Edge the other evening, GH did a trigger job on it, we went and had a nice dinner.

(The man has some great stories from his years working on Indycars.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a eaa witness with all Huening parts including the first prototype major nine bbl he ever produced...it is still shooting wit hardened a-6 tool steel slidel stops, I have yet to break one...the weapon was built in 1992...and is still going strong!! thousand and thousands of 115 gr bullets at 1546.4 fps have been fired out of it!!! Ray Saltzman did the original work and George did the bbl and all parts!! DVC A-13199

• 3 weeks later...

George and his side kick...great guys. I would go by his shop everytime I was at Indy Raceway Park back in the early 90's. I was the East Coast Dunlop motorcycle road race tire distributor.

I was shooting a Springfield World Cup P-9, thanks to Rob Leatham and Tom Reese....thru Rob I met Mr. Enos about the same time frame.

They were both road racing motorcycles back them. Hard to believe how fast 20 years has gone by. Right Brian???

If anyone has contact information for George let us know.

• 1 month later...

Thread resurrection. Update.

I picked up my new GH2 Limited gun this week, taking it the range today.

That said, while this gun may look plain compared to what some of the other builders are putting out, I love it!

Sadly, I suck at taking close up pics, they all seem to look fuzzy.

Jake is suppose to take some pics with a better camera, and better skill, so it will be awhile before I post a pic.

ETA: crappy pic!

GH2_Limted_001.JPG

Edited by bigcraig

• 2 weeks later...
His stuff was awesome!!! World Class Pistols inc. was sorely missed when he left the scene. I loved the carbon fiber scopemounts. As more folks start toying with CZ/Tanfoglio guns, his prior experience with the Tanfoglio/P9 ought to keep him in demand.

I have an old Tripp framed open gun that still sports the WCPI scope mount,

10-19-131.jpg

Edited by RussB

I would like to see some detail pics of that thumb rest, it looks interesting. I always liked his scope mounts. I wish I would have bought an Aimpoint one for the P9/EAA when he was making them, I would likely have it on my gun today.