Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

George Huening

sperman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was at the 1988 Bianchi Cup that I saw the Huening guns that Bill and Christie Rogers were shooting. I just remember them telling me about this "ball bearing" technology that was involved. They were certainly "race guns".

L9x25 asked if I could post this pic of the roller ball trigger bow tensioner from my gun since I had it apart.

The roller ball mounts on top of the plunger that holds the mag release in place and pushes the trigger bow upward to keep it engaged to the sear. The trigger system disconnects by the slide pushing the trigger bow downward to where it cannot touch the sear. The "shoe" that the ball replaces causes a lot of friction as the bow slides forward and back over it (it is under a lot of pressure), while the ball lets it slide far more freely and makes a lighter trigger pull possible.

You better run to the hills for showing that little trade secrete. That is on the lines of "Why didn't I think of that?" & It looks like nobody since has done anything like it & it makes sense! Even to a newbe like me! Wow!

Jimbo

I have that same roller ball for the trigger in my small-frame Witness, to this day the best trigger action I've ever owned.

Are 9mm slides available from CZ? If they are, George would be the one to start building CZ's that run on 9Major without choking or breaking the slide stop pin, and allow WWB ammo for practice.

Lots of SP01's out there that are just a top end & sideways C-More mount away from being a very low-cost & competitive Open gun.

and allow WWB ammo for practice.

Why is that? I kind of thought that only”bad” open guns worked with lightly charged ammo? That the gun would need high pressure loads to work if the comp is effective. What am I missing here?

Edited by olp73

A lot of his work was showcased in "American Handgunner" magazine. If I had lived close I would have visited and had him put something together for me. His work was flawless!

JMHO

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Had a WCPI P9 based 9x21 for several years. It had the frame/slide alignment setup using set screws similar to Clark's Slide Glide. The WCPI actually had grooves machined into the slide for the set screws to ride in. That gun had exquisitely executed welding done on the trigger guard and magwell with a trigger second to none.

I miss that gun and hope Mr. Huening will get back into the game.

Edited by m1normando

• 4 months later...

Hi all.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.....

What did he have to say?

I was active in the early 90's. In fact, we had a So Cal Based Tuning shop for Practical Shooting....

I remember Carrying all the high tech Carbon Fiber Scope mounts for TZ/P9. In fact, I have a 9x21 sitting in the safe with the Tasco Mount... It had all the WCPI parts, Hammer, trigger, sear.. Slide stop...

That's would be great for him to make a comeback......

Edited by flack jacket

• 4 weeks later...

hey all! im new to the forum but ive been shooting for a couple of years. i actually ran into george at a match last fall and he said he was doing a couple small things in the next couple of months. well look what i just got in the mail!...14o61s2.jpg

Edited by gnushooter

• 9 months later...

George and his son Kyle shot the Michigan Section match in September, I'm not sure how many of his squad mates knew who they were shooting with. Good to see him back on the range.

Well the Indiana Shooters knew, not sure about the other guys. George and Kyle shoot all the regular monthly club matches with me, and will be hitting the road for some majors next year.

Kyle is well on his way to making master class in limited and George has been holding his own shooting limited and keeping the rest of our guns running top notch.

Jake,

I'm trying to talk George and Kyle into shooting the SS nationals next year. Maybe you can help twist their arm.

Thats funny, I mentioned to Kyle they needed to get to the SS nats last week... I dont think it'll take much twisting! I also told Kyle to get his arse to the forums!

I actually met George through SNS Casting and sold him quite a few bullets before I heard about his past of gunsmithing. I would have had no idea, as George is a down to earth heck of a good guy! If/When he gets up and going again in the biz again he'll surely be a busy guy!

George and his son Kyle shot the Michigan Section match in September, I'm not sure how many of his squad mates knew who they were shooting with. Good to see him back on the range.

I would have been one of those squad mates !!! You just never know who some people are....

• 6 months later...

He would definitely be welcome to the EAA/Tanfoglio crowd! And to all others of course. I still have some of his parts, a trigger etc.. and a buch of his "major PF" EAA/TZ recoil springs still in the package. His work was awesome.

He would definitely be welcome to the EAA/Tanfoglio crowd! And to all others of course. I still have some of his parts, a trigger etc.. and a buch of his "major PF" EAA/TZ recoil springs still in the package. His work was awesome.

Hey, just roming the web sight, and came across your post. George did alot of work on my ea9 ( I used to shoot for them) do you still have any of this Major springs and if so would you consider selling me ONE of them ( yes I am Begging)

Thanks for your time, Greg Kerce

Well the Indiana Shooters knew, not sure about the other guys. George and Kyle shoot all the regular monthly club matches with me, and will be hitting the road for some majors next year.

Kyle is well on his way to making master class in limited and George has been holding his own shooting limited and keeping the rest of our guns running top notch.

I saw them shooting well at the Area 5...I couldn't quite place the name. Kyle ended up 2nd in Single-Stack (behind Corey). cheers.gif