Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flying SOLO!

Kyle O

I'm a 13 hour student pilot, and my instructor says, "Give me 3 greasers, and you can solo"

I gave him 3, and he said, "stop", and got out!

Man, it was like some kind of drug! I'm still high from the whole thing. :surprise:

I'm a 13 hour student pilot, and my instructor says, "Give me 3 greasers, and you can solo"

I gave him 3, and he said, "stop", and got out!

Man, it was like some kind of drug! I'm still high from the whole thing. :surprise:

Totally cool. I can't even get Microsoft Flight Simulator off the ground. What's a greaser?

No, not professionally, just for travel, and to expand my personal skill sets.

A "greaser" is a landing so smooth you can't tell when the tires touch.

Had to share this, what an experience! I got to go again today, and it was still thrilling!

Thanks for all the encouragement my fellow wingmen/wingwomen.

I was thoroughly hooked at my first negative G dive on my first flight!

It is the best school/learning experience I've ever had, cause you can learn at your own pace.

No deadlines, no craming, hell they even give you the answers.

What a great time I've had sofar, and the entire curriculum cost as much as ONE semester at college! Pretty cheap if you ask me!

:cheers:

I soloed at age 17 in 1975. Aircraft: Cessna 150. Instructor Mark Staltz. Location: Johnson County Executive Airport, Olathe, KS.

34 years later I can still recall those details from memory. Yeah, it's that big a deal. Still have a vivid memory of looking out the left window on the downwind leg at the runway, then out the right to check for traffic and noticing that Mark wasn't there. Major reality check.

Congratulations. Be careful. As a line from the movie "The Right Stuff" says, 'there's demons out there'.