Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competitor Dress

little_kahuna

there is a SASS shooter, female, who shoots down here once in a while. She shoots all of her matches barefoot. Its hot here, sandy, plenty of broken up glass on the range and rocks....doesn't seem to bother her.

Just asking if long pants/sleeve shirts, helmets and knee/elbow pads will be next to be "required" under the guise of safety.

Rich

I've shot on ranges where ballcaps were required in conjunction with glasses for eye protection.....

I don't think we need a rule --- I think this can easily be left to RM (and if necessary local range) discretion, for as often as it comes up....

I have worn those during a major match and will again. ;)

It is not a safety issue like eyes and ears are - if we go under that guise then we should all be wearing body armor to prevent splash back.

Personal choice - absolutely.

I really don't care if someone runs around barefoot with a gun in one hand and scissors in the other. as long as they will take personally responsibility for their actions. And if you are not smart enough to wear eyes and ears, I'm fine with that also. If we stop having rules that protect the stupid from themselves, we would have less stupid people, its a self correcting problem.

Edited by Supermoto

Haha, if that's true, then i'm really thinking about working on my Hobbit feet, and shooting barefoot :roflol:

Well you could always wear these and look like a hobbit:

glove-shoes.jpg

Those are the most ridiculous things I have ever seen :roflol::roflol:

I really don't care if someone runs around barefoot with a gun in one hand and scissors in the other. as long as they will take personally responsibility for their actions. And if you are not smart enough to wear eyes and ears, I'm fine with that also. If we stop having rules that protect the stupid from themselves, we would have less stupid people, its a self correcting problem.

+1

no problem with thinning the gene pool so long as we don't get sued for someone else's stupidity.

Haha, if that's true, then i'm really thinking about working on my Hobbit feet, and shooting barefoot :roflol:

glove-shoes.jpg

Foot gloves or floves for operators !! :roflol::roflol:

Do they come in Tactical Black (like a ninja) ?? :ph34r:

Edited by P.Pres

glove-shoes.jpg

Foot gloves or floves for operators !! :roflol::roflol:

Do they come in Tactical Black (like a ninja) ?? :ph34r:

Yeah, mine are black.

I understand and agree completely. Right up until the point they endanger or hurt someone else with their actions. And then get ranges shutdown and a black eye (and maybe some black funeral clothes) to our shooting community.

Because no one EVER has got hurt at a match while wearing cleats? I personally have seen a guy snap his achilles on a stage, go down like a sack of potatoes. HE (meaning the individual) kept his pointed in a safe direction the whole time. Heck...on one of Saul's video's, one of the top shooters took a spill (probably wearing cleats), got back up and kept on shooting.

Point being, accidents are going to happen and it's not predicated on your footwear. Slippery slope of safety police.

Rich

ETA: No one is advocating that it's not a personal decision. Quite the contrary, those opposed to a rule requiring it are the biggest proponents of it being the individuals responsibility. And, while there are safety rules in place to help mitigate risk, this is definitely not one of them that's necessary.

Edited by uscbigdawg

I understand and agree completely. Right up until the point they endanger or hurt someone else with their actions. And then get ranges shutdown and a black eye (and maybe some black funeral clothes) to our shooting community.

We already have rules to protect the others from the stupid (180, over the berm, etc). When they break those rule, then they can be punished. But rules don't prevent thing from happening

I believe requiring closed toe shoes makes sense from a safety standpoint. However, footwear is not my major worry with competitor dress. Here is what Nemo wore at Saturday's SAPSA match to beat the 100 degree Florida heat. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

post-5360-1245870646_thumb.jpg

Edited by XD Niner

I have a pair of the Barefeet shoes. they are great for the beach and just messing around the house and yes they are in tactical black.

I will never be able to get a gum ball out of the gum ball machine here at work again.