need review for new STI alum. grip

Sudden Death

• 2 weeks later...
I just received my new SS grip/gun

from SV. It feels very balanced. Shoots

flat and has great grip with the tape.

Drift: you are looking for input on the

alum grip :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input, but I was more interested in the STI grip because of the magwell that they will accept. Thanks :cheers:

I have a Cheely built sight tracker with one on it. So far I like it a lot. I have not shot it in a match, so I can't comment there yet. I have noticed that a slightly missaligned reload will wedge the mag tight in the grip. Now that is with an empty mag, I'll see how it goes with a loaded mag on the clock in a couple of weeks.

You will definitely have to fit the MAGS(dont drop freely), trigger(big gap on the bow part), some notches on grip screws

to make it fit. it is not a drop in like the plastic one. but after that, I think it will last for a while? I know I had to change my plastic grip

every 2 years just to make sure the gun is well tuned.

ymmv-

my 140's squirt out, with no tuning necessary. Of course, My mags were already tuned.

my untuned 126mm's that I was planning on running in L10, need work.

seat of the pants says that it kicks a little more; but Im sure thats because of the lack of a 360 grip texture.

The fitting was substantial, but not difficult. Dykem on the top edges of the grip showed where clearance is necessary.

I shot my first 100 shots through it this evening. Ill shoot a match in the morning and let you all know.

Im using grip tape right now, until I fugure out something to add texture w/o increasing grip size.

Without a magwell, the reduced grip would get quickly chewed up on the bottom, seeing as the aluminum isnt anodized and it pretty thin.

The slim size grip really hasnt enought meat to checker or stipple the metal directly; of that Im pretty sure.