Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lubing the shaft of my 550

When I lube my shaft I get crappy spooge like stuff under my primer slide. Will lubing UNDER the frame as opposed to above prevent this? Will the shaft be lubed good enough that way? Every time I get my primer setup to work perfectly then put a tiny bit of oil on the shaft my priming starts to hiccup.

Thanksa lot.

When I lube my shaft I get crappy spooge like stuff under my primer slide. Will lubing UNDER the frame as opposed to above prevent this? Will the shaft be lubed good enough that way? Every time I get my primer setup to work perfectly then put a tiny bit of oil on the shaft my priming starts to hiccup.

Thanksa lot.

How often are you doing this and what are you using for lube?

Thanksa lot.

Stop! :o:o

Thanksa lot.

Thought it was supposed to get a spot of oil once in a while.

Thanksa lot.

Thought it was supposed to get a spot of oil once in a while.

I find that oil makes them sticky when it combines with burned powder/lead. Some people have had luck using powder graphite.

I run mine with no lube at all

The primer slide gets NO LUBE, the ram gets oil and as much as you can get on it is good. Oil the main ram in smaller doses more often so the nasty gunk runs out the bottom instead of onto your primer slide. You will know your Dillon is happy when there is an oil spot under it like an old Harley. If the oil spot is black you aren't lubing enough, if it is brown you are good to go.