Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

Here are my 2010 Double Tap video’s. I was lucky to shoot it all on Friday in the good weather. All of the stages were great and a lot of fun to shoot. All that didn’t go really missed out. Happy viewing…… :blush:

Thanks for sharing these videos Charlie. Sure looks like it was a great match and the stages are awesome as usual for the DoubleTap guys. Friday was the day for good weather! It's a shame the weather turned to sheet for the weekend though.

Congratulations to those shooters who survived the winter storm, cold wind, and the mud slide!

Now for the Tiara and the hot tub! :)

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, that is one flat shooting limited gun there brah. :blush:

Thanks for the video....

JT

What can I say? I have it tuned to me and have the grip of a big angry Panda. As the fortune cookie quote says in my signature "Muzzle flip is for wussies!!!" :)

Edited by CHA-LEE

Umm, that is one flat shooting limited gun there brah. :blush:

Thanks for the video....

JT

Cha_lee - I have to agree with JThompson that is a flat shooting gun. I tried to get a good look at the gun and its just moving to fast. but it is flat. I think I saw aluminum grips which could mean its either a Tanfoglio Limited or a Caspian.

Keen eye buddy. I am shooting an EAA Witness Limited :cheers:

When are they going to realize that they need to pick a later weekend where it's less likely to be wet/cold/snow freaking nasty weather? R,

Robert said at the Friday Shooters Meeting that next year they were moving it to April or May.

It is always such a cool match with just awesome props and stages, but march weather just sucks for this.....how about May or end of April??? It is such a good match that people are going to come to it.....

Robert Porter stated that this was the last Double Tap match to be held in March at the Friday morning shooters meetings. I guess we will have to waite and see what month he moves it to next year.

Looks like a great match, fun stages and a cool theme !

Congrats to the winners !!

Does anybody know what the frame for the walls are made of ?? Looks like steel tubing but hard to tell.

Will they post results on here when done? I heard they were shooting 6 stages today instead of 4 because yesterday was so bad. It was a fun match and I am so glad I was there on Friday.

we only shot 6 stages yesterday instead of 8, and that took until 3:30 or so. So i'm guessing they'll be shooting till about 5:30 or so, then awards and prize table.

After yesterday, I called it quits and left out for home this morning, just got in about 30 min ago. Glad to hear it will be in May next year, cuz i vowed to myself that I wont be miserable for a 4th DT in a row.

Just talked to a few friends who are just now getting started back to OK.

That's a long weekend for the shooters...and ESPECIALLY the match staff.

Surprised no one has clicked a picture of the results here yet, although there's already a rumor of a Production shooter finishing Stage 1 in 7.?? seconds. Hope stats picked up that misprint!

Thanks for the videos "Big, giant panda!!" Looked like you shot well. Glad you missed the Wx.

Really bummed I missed the match. Decided not to go last year and was intending to this year until my shoulder surgery was changed from October to January. Can't see shooting DT strong hand only.

doom on you> Not that I can find but my internet searching Kung Fu is weak.....

Cha Lee, your internet searching Kung Fu is not weak. Don't think the results are up. Check the DT site-nothing. Checked USPSA nothing. Checked Area 4-nothing. Check North Texas Section-nothing.

I really wish match staff would realize there are a lot of people who want to see the results.......(a pet peeve of mine).

Edited by GeneBray

Well, if anyone does find the results, let us know. I'm with you Gene. You would think a major match would post results pronto for those who shot on Thursday or Friday and could not be there for the ending.

The match finished what, 5 hours ago? Being that I just finished up our little major match, I would think that the scores have been posted where they need to be, for the finals on the wall at DT. After that well its going to take some time for the staff to get things tore down and put away, THEN I would worry about getting scores online. If the weather was as bad as you guys say it was then its probably going to take some time to get it done, give them a break I'm sure they will get posted for the world to see.

Remember.... there were shooters leaving the range before their match was finished... that is a stats persons nightmare if not handled properly by the competitor. You have stats people running around looking for score-sheets that aren't there and trying to make sure they haven't missed someone. I do not envy them their task on this one.

For those of you who decide to leave a match early... (Please turn in your score-sheets and/or inform the stats people)

Just a thought... I know I like the results right away too, but there are extenuating circumstances on this one. ;)

Edited by JThompson

I am sure that the Double Tap Crew is doing and have done the best they can. As much as we would all like to see the results posted online right after the shooting is over the reality is that we have to be patient. Putting on a match like this is a lot of work and when the weather takes a turn for the worse it makes it even harder. Lets give them some slack on not posting the results online right away. The results will be posted when they get posted. We can all wait can't we?

We just got in. Left the range @6:30. Still had quite a few folks(maybe half) left to walk the second chance prize bucket line. I never saw a broken down by division set of scores.

Believe it or not, not all of the class winners shot on Friday. Maybe only half of the first place in each division shot on days other than this weekend. I was betting most of the class winners shot before sat/sun. Some folks must have really worked hard to do well yesterday in the miserable conditions. Good job everyone. I didn't hear of anyone blowing out knees or breaking bones while shooting in the terrible mud.

Can't wait for next year!

MLM