Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pricing on the new 627 38 supers

Rogan

For those of you who asked about pricing for the 627s, here is one option. A local store here in AZ is offering the revos at

$1290.00, not including Arizona sales tax of 7.8%(only for in-state sales). If your out of state, you pay shipping from AZ.

Guns etc

Ron Sega

480-963-4311

Ron is asking for a $100.00 deposit and he pre-ordered a dozen guns.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could somebody explain to me the logic behind getting a wheelgun chambered in .38 Super?

I guess if you are shooting moon clips, you will be getting all that brass back after you complete the stage. But still, that stuff is expensive. :surprise:

You can run moonclipped 9mm in these. Short case, quick reload.

Dave

Is the setup on this run exactly like the last run? I recall a few different discussions about the possible configurations. Before I ask my local shop to get me one I'd like to be sure what S&W is offering. Is anyone sure of the package?

"could somebody explain to me the logic behind getting a wheelgun chambered in .38 Super? I guess if you are shooting moon clips, you will be getting all that brass back after you complete the stage. But still, that stuff is expensive."

Exactly. I already have a Les Baer in 38 super, now I won't have to be scrabbling around looking for my brass. :cheers:

"could somebody explain to me the logic behind getting a wheelgun chambered in .38 Super? I guess if you are shooting moon clips, you will be getting all that brass back after you complete the stage. But still, that stuff is expensive."

Another reason is that if you're already set up to load 38 Sooper, just run the ammo you're using without having to set up for another caliber, and it lets you compete in the Revolver class.

Alan~^~

Mike,

Were the specs of the new gun posted? Never saw it ? Agree with you, sure wish the mods had left it up.

PB

Another reason is that if you're already set up to load 38 Sooper, just run the ammo you're using without having to set up for another caliber, and it lets you compete in the Revolver class.

Alan~^~

would super count for major in a revolver

Yep if you want to load that hot. No min cal. requirements for major. In the old days minimum caliber for competing was 9mm for auto and 38 special for Revos. I guess I should check the book when I have time. later rdd

let it be known to the auto guys that trying to use the same brass in your revolver and autos will make for some tough reloads. once brass has been fired in an auto it will not easily fit into a 38 super revolver cylinder. just want to forewarn people that think its going to drop right in. also you can only fire 6 shots before reloads in USPSA rules for revolver, fire 7 and you are in the open division. i learned all this stuff after the fact with the super

Scott

Edited by scottyinAZ

also you can only fire 6 shots before reloads in USPSA rules for revolver, fire 7 and you are in the open division. i learned all this stuff after the fact with the super

Scott

And you're screwed in Limited 10: Minimum bullet caliber for Major .40 cal. / 10mm (0.40”)

I've thought about shooting L10 once or twice with my 627 (357), same caliber restriction as limited? Looking at the results, there are only a few L10 entries in a monthly match, and I stand a chance of winning. I may as well just shoot it minor, would just be fun to come up with a major load for the gun.

I'm imagining that S&W puts .357 barrels on these things, have the previous ones been as accurate as the ones in .357?

the barrels are .356". USPSA has stone age revo rules and it seems like they dont care to make any changes to them. :rolleyes:

seems strange that 38 super can make major for open but not L10?? USPSA... anyways this has turned into a threat hijack. i am sorry.

i am working on another local source for the guns at about $1150. still working on that though so i cant say for sure and who yet.

great guns

Scott

A couple things, guys:

The new batch of 627-4s is not yet available. There is only one distributor selling these (Bangers USA), so there is only one wholesale source. Any dealer who has an open account with Bangers can order them, and there is a modest quantity discount for those who order a specified minimum. I have already staked claim to several for my customers, but frankly I do not expect these guns to sell out immediately. Given the state of the national economy, and the price point of these rather specialized revolvers, I do not think they will be snapped up immediately.

So relax, and think twice before you pay a deposit to a dealer--particularly if he tells you the retail price is $1,290! When they become available, we will know it here right away, and everybody who wants one should have plenty of opportunity to get one at a more reasonable cost.

the barrels are .356". USPSA has stone age revo rules and it seems like they dont care to make any changes to them. :rolleyes:

Are you sure the barrels aren't actually .357"? ;)

Everybody has an opinion on the equipment rules for USPSA Revolver Division, but when this exact topic was discussed right here, the overwhelming majority of us agreed that we preferred Revolver Division to be limited to 6-shot iron-sighted guns without porting or compensators. Newcomers may not realize that the latest version of the USPSA Revolver equipment rules (which is somewhat more expansive than the previous version) was drafted word-for-word right here on this forum, based on a clear consensus of those who participated in that very active discussion, and it was proposed and passed by the Board of Directors.

Fortunately, we are blessed with two perfect venues for those who want to run their 8-shooters in competition--Steel Challenge and ICORE!

Edited by Carmoney

$1290??? Mike retail on them is $1490!!!! they are priced the same as the V-comp 357's so i think they will still hang about $1100+ Time will tell. seems like when they are available, no one has funds and when they are gone everyone wants to sell the farm for one. too bad they didnt have a Ti cyl. my only gripe with it, or at least flute the cylinder.

Scott

$1290??? Mike retail on them is $1490!!!!

Yeah, I meant the dealer's retail price. I think there will be better deals available, although I was surprised and a little disappointed to see the cheapest wholesale price was much higher than it was the last go-around on these.

But the prices on all the Performance Center crap have gone frickin' out of sight over the past year or two. I picked up a stone mint V-Comp maybe a year ago off Gunbroker for $700. No way a deal like that is going to hold up today. It's hard to locate a 625 for that kind of money anymore.

So let me get this straight, the wheel gun guys are planning to shoot an 8 shot revolver "chambered" for .38 Super (not Super Comp), but actually shoot 9mm Para rounds captured in moon clips and only zipping out at minor PF.

So if I have that right, in USPSA competitions, they can load up all 8, but only shoot 6 in the revolver division. So that means after a run through a stage there's going to be lots of moonclips with 2 live rounds and 6 empties still stuck in them. If you really intended to shoot all 8 rounds, you could shoot production. Is that right? If in production, does that mean all the moonclip holders have to be behind your weak side hip? :wacko:

In a way, I am thinking this is similar to minor PF'ed guns vs. major PF'ed guns in the single stack division. If I have it right, if you shoot a 9mm 1911 in single stack, you can start out at 10+1. But if you shoot a .40 or .45 1911 at major PF, then you are stuck with just 8+1. maybe I am making the wrong analogy here :wacko::roflol: maybe I have that bass ackwards now.

If in production, does that mean all the moonclip holders have to be behind your weak side hip? :wacko:

Wrong, Youcan have your moonclips/speedloaders in front for production.

Do all these 627's come with 5 inch barrels? Do they make a 627 with a 4 inch barrel that would make the weight limit for IDPA? You can only load 6 in IDPA according to its rulebook. :wacko:

There are 4" 627's in .357. An 8 shot would not be competitive in IDPA as the rules are now, having to load only six and get the cylinder indexed properly would be too hard plus if you were using moon clips you would have to make major. As mentioned above this gun fits in for ICORE and steel shoots.