Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backstrap Channel Insert (aka plug)

AustinMike

The Backstrap Channel Insert was developed by DEEP6COMP™ with input from the Israeli Security Forces. Testing and final approval was done by the Isreali Security Forces. The Backstrap Channel Insert was designed to guide the mag into the mag well to stop the magazine from snagging on structures within the Glock. The secondary function of the insert is to stop dirt and debris from entering the backstrap channel; this stops the dirt and debris from potentially interfering with the trigger mechanism.

Amazing that it took Israeli Security Forces to reinvent the Pearce Grip frame plug. :roflol:

The deep6 / glockmeister plug is the best, IMO. It fits just flush enough to be SSP and Production legal, but also rounds over nicely into the magwell. Gives you that extra 0.001" of magwell opening over the Pearce, so it's clearly superior. :D

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 9 months later...

[merged]

Just to tidy the gun up a little I'm thinking of putting a plug in my 34's grip. I'm pretty sure on the legalities as far as being flat, etc for production. I see the Jentra is specifically mentioned and all I'm looking for is a smoother look. I have read a few comments around the net about some being so tight as to not let mags drop free as well as a few comments about being loose and always falling out.

So, I know its only a $6 part, but is there one that stands out among the rest as being better than the rest and legal for production?

Thanks

Edited by Flexmoney

I have the Pearce plug on all my Glocks.

Don't really understand the complaints about grip plugs being loose. Let's say that was true. Have these people ever heard of the cutting edge invention called "masking tape"? A few turns around the body of the plug and it'll be a nice, tight fit.

I thought the plugs were illegal. I don't know why they would be, did they change the rule? if so. I am putting a plug in my glock 34, I have glockmeister plugs in my carry guns.

They were illegal in USPSA Production.

Now they are conditionally legal...provided they are flush or below, no sticking out at all. (Without looking, I think that is the current legality.)

For me it's not a matter of looks. If you examine the magazine well rib (i.e. the back wall of the mag well) on a Glock you'll see this semi-circular cutout. Originally that cutout, and the corresponding cutout at the bottom of the frontstrap, were there so you get a thumb and forefinger on the mag, at front and back, up inside the gun and pull the mag out, if necessary. While that made sense when Glocks were supplied with magazines that wouldn't drop free when you punched the mag button if they had more than five or size rounds in them, these days what it means is that if you get the magazine on a speedload mispositioned even slightly to the rear, the extractor groove on the top cartridge in the mag will hook into that cutout and stop the magazine cold. The plug fills in/covers over that cutout, forming in effect an extremely low profile mag funnel. That's what I like.

Duane, Who carries the Pearce? My google only turned up some obsolete Ebay listings. I can find all kinds of other brands but I'd like to take your advice on this and get the pearce. Thanks.

For me it's not a matter of looks. If you examine the magazine well rib (i.e. the back wall of the mag well) on a Glock you'll see this semi-circular cutout. Originally that cutout, and the corresponding cutout at the bottom of the frontstrap, were there so you get a thumb and forefinger on the mag, at front and back, up inside the gun and pull the mag out, if necessary. While that made sense when Glocks were supplied with magazines that wouldn't drop free when you punched the mag button if they had more than five or size rounds in them, these days what it means is that if you get the magazine on a speedload mispositioned even slightly to the rear, the extractor groove on the top cartridge in the mag will hook into that cutout and stop the magazine cold. The plug fills in/covers over that cutout, forming in effect an extremely low profile mag funnel. That's what I like.

I'm inclined to say "Never had that problem...." but then I remember having said that once about locking back a slide prematurely with the extended release --- and having to eat my words later..... :D :D

Now that I know it's possible, I'm sure I'll be doing it soon.... :P :P

I'm inclined to say "Never had that problem...." but then I remember having said that once about locking back a slide prematurely with the extended release --- and having to eat my words later..... :D :D

Now that I know it's possible, I'm sure I'll be doing it soon.... :P :P

Yeah, I thought it was just to keep dust out of the hole. Now I just found out it's a "go faster" modification. Now, I'll be miss feeding my mags left and right and have to get a plug to solve the problem.