Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well...didn't realize there was no thread on this. Even still...match is sold out and the stages, are seriously incredible. Steve McCormick (MD) and crew did a phenomenal job making interesting and dynamic stages where you actually have to shoot. No hoser, track meet stages, just straight up, get your points and be efficient about it stages.

Rudy Project Competition is heavily represented by Norbert, Brian, Nick and myself. Nick absolutely destroyed Stage 8. I roasted Stage 7. Stage 4 kicked my butt and my only BIG mistake for the match, was the double swinger on Stage 8. Other than that, clean with like 6-7 D's. Not great, but solid. A lot of folks ooh'ing and ah'ing over the Rudy jerseys. ;)

Match staff is incredible as we're running about 30 minutes per stage and started lunch an hour early. Weather was phenomenal for Day 1 (75-ish, crystal clear with a light breeze).

RO'ing Day 2 and looking forward to the results.

Rich

Great match so far. USCBIGDAWG is spot on. Rudy Project shooters are definitely making their presence known.

My junior shooters Nick and Kevin are having a blast. Squad 5 is rocking with Theo Carter setting the pace... Theo is a class act!

KUDOS to Steve McCormick, crew and ROs for an incredible match! Stages looked simple but really devious :devil: I shot the first half clean and had a two hour lunch break which was perfect for mingling and answering some RP questions. Second half is when I started picking up mistakes; the last stage for the day...stage 8 is where I crashed and burned. Picked up 3 mikes with one resulting from a no shoot :( ;other than that it was a blast. Got together with the RP Comp squad, too bad I wasn't able to spend more time with Nick. Heard how well he was doing, it won't be long and he'll be up there. Thanks to Rich for the mentoring, really nice to have a teammate giving you pointers. Thanks again to Brian for the sylish Rudy hat, matches the squad shirt perfectly.

Edited by norbs007

Match is all done and awards out. Rudy Project Team definitely let itself be known. Thanks again to the match staff, CRO's, RO's (worked Stage 2 and it was FAST for a 32 round all paper, house shoot stage = thanks to the shooters for working)!

Norbs - should have been there today for a team picture. I'm sure Caesar or Nick will post the one from today. Congrats to the winners:

Open - Glen Higdon & Frank Cruz, Jr.

Limited - Tom Rowe

Limited 10 - Taran Butler

Production - Keith Garcia (I think)

Singlestack - Mike Voigt

Revolver - ???

As you can see for a "little" sectional championship (Level 3 match BTW), we had some great shooters. Definitely more than just listed above. We put 4 squads on my stage today and even taking our time on getting started, we were still done before 11, with an 8 o'clock start. Testament to great stage design and a well run match. Scores were posted and protest period started ahead of schedule and awards were fast and simple especially since it was cash payback with a cool $7k+ going out to Division, Section and Class winners.

Thank you again to everyone involved and Richmond Hot Shots in July 2010...the bar has been set!

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Have to agree with the above. Great match, great stages and the RO's and shooters were a great group of people to shoot with. Could not have been better from a new shooters perspective. The better shooters were very easy going and offering up great criticism and praise. This was Irene and mine first big match. Only our 3rd USPSA match. Got some really good pics too! Thanks to Steve, for putting together such a great match, and to all the people who helped out. You all are why shooting sports are so much fun! Where else can you get to participate with the best competitors side by side and be so amiable?

Thanks so much for a great weekend!

Scott & Irene

No really....how soon do they get results out???

It's up to the MD.. I checked the USPSA website earlier and they were not up. Likely he was still at the range..

I just checked the USPSA and match websites and they are still not uploaded. Likely the MD is pooped.. They will be up when he uploads them, likely this week sometime..

Looked like you guys had a great time, The Family and I dropped by this morning (See my post in what I like). Wish that we could have seen more/shot the match. Maybe next year, with hoping to meet more of the BE Family. :cheers:

Sweet match. Lots of fun. Greaty shooters, and it was rad to see all the Rudy Project shooters. :cheers:

I'll post more when the results come out and I update my range diary, but the drive home was killer :wacko:

Thanks to all the RO's and staff, it was really a smooth match.

Match is all done and awards out. Rudy Project Team definitely let itself be known. Thanks again to the match staff, CRO's, RO's (worked Stage 2 and it was FAST for a 32 round all paper, house shoot stage = thanks to the shooters for working)!

Norbs - should have been there today for a team picture. I'm sure Caesar or Nick will post the one from today.

Rich

A couple more pics...

Rudy team pic:

post-8612-1240810742_thumb.jpg

Nick and Theo

post-8612-1240811173_thumb.jpg

Edited by big_kahuna

Just 'cause I'm proud of my teammates:

Norbert Baraoidan - 5th B; 27th Overall Open

Nick Santiago - 2nd A; 3rd Overall Limited

Brian Gonsalves - 3rd C; 19th Overall Limited

The stages were harder than people thought. Looked wide open, lots of full targets, not a lot of hard cover or no-shoots, but they were positioned really well to make it a shooting competition and not a track meet. I'm stoked that this is a Level 3 match and it counts as a classifier. If my math is right, I'll be getting closer to Master. Coming after you Nick!

Rich

Just 'cause I'm proud of my teammates:

Norbert Baraoidan - 5th B; 27th Overall Open

Nick Santiago - 2nd A; 3rd Overall Limited

Brian Gonsalves - 3rd C; 19th Overall Limited

The stages were harder than people thought. Looked wide open, lots of full targets, not a lot of hard cover or no-shoots, but they were positioned really well to make it a shooting competition and not a track meet. I'm stoked that this is a Level 3 match and it counts as a classifier. If my math is right, I'll be getting closer to Master. Coming after you Nick!

Rich

Rich left himself off the list:

Richard White - 1st B, 16th Overall Open

Looking at BE.com'ers in attendance (at least the ones I know):

ong45

TMC

outerlimits

davecutts

short round

norbs007

theo carter

M_V

little kahuna

big kahuna

gose

sfpmb

kevinc

Brian Gonsalves

scottrebello

sargenv

I'm sure I missed a few.

BTW...a HUGE thanks to Bladetech for sponsoring the match. While the vendor area was small, between them and BAM Airsoft, the vendors I think did pretty well. Huge thanks again to them, Brownell's, Shooter's Connection, Dillon Precision and Montana Gold Bullets. I'm sure I missed other match sponsors, but thank you. It's during these hard times that we find out who our supporters are and these are who we need to support when we come out on the other side.

Rich

Looking at BE.com'ers in attendance (at least the ones I know):

ong45

TMC

outerlimits

davecutts

short round

norbs007

theo carter

M_V

little kahuna

big kahuna

gose

sfpmb

kevinc

Brian Gonsalves

scottrebello

sargenv

I'm sure I missed a few.

BTW...a HUGE thanks to Bladetech for sponsoring the match. While the vendor area was small, between them and BAM Airsoft, the vendors I think did pretty well. Huge thanks again to them, Brownell's, Shooter's Connection, Dillon Precision and Montana Gold Bullets. I'm sure I missed other match sponsors, but thank you. It's during these hard times that we find out who our supporters are and these are who we need to support when we come out on the other side.

Rich

Hey Rich,

Congradulations on winning B Open.

I was on same squad 1 shooting a glock open gun in B class.

Yes the old guy with white hair!

Leo