Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2010?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For folks looking to make Hotel reservations, the match has negotiated the following:

The Hampton Inn in Lake Wales (863-678-0301) is offering an 11% discount if you mention the Fla Open or Universal Shooting Academy

I guess they offered us a 10% discount and Frank asked if they could do any better, so they gave us 11%!!

It's a new hotel in the area and is a first rate place as it's part of the Hilton chain ...

If you snooze, you lose.

For folks looking to make Hotel reservations, the match has negotiated the following:

The Hampton Inn in Lake Wales (863-678-0301) is offering an 11% discount if you mention the Fla Open or Universal Shooting Academy

I guess they offered us a 10% discount and Frank asked if they could do any better, so they gave us 11%!!

It's a new hotel in the area and is a first rate place as it's part of the Hilton chain ...

If you snooze, you lose.

I booked on-line with them last week.  I wander if I can call and get the discount applied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received word that the Sat PM/Sun AM schedule is FULL.

All remaining applicants will have to choose from the the Friday all day or Sat AM/Sun PM schedules.

If want to shoot this match and have any flexibility on squadding, you need to get your applications in quickly.

Hope to see you all there.

Leo

Glad I got my app in early, so as to secure this schedule. I plan on arriving at the range Friday afternoon to check out the stages, then shooting Sat PM.

Cant wait to see the sun again! :goof: ...... and of course see all of you there! ;)

Be prepared. Today in Tampa was 37 degrees. :surprise:

No but I'm taking a 1 day course with Manny Bragg afterwards!

Chris,

Which course of Manny's are you taking? I took his two day course a couple of years ago which was great. Is this the follow-up course?

Jadeslade, Why is everyone wearing big heavy jackets in that pic??? :surprise:

Frostproof is a great place to shoot but............................with the humitity the cold can bite you to the bone. I now live in Washington State but I don't think I have ever been colder shooting than a 3 gunmatch in Frostproof in January.

Normally it warms up but you never know how to dress that time of year. Frank has a great range and his match should make up for any cold weather.

Edited by Godzilla

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to live in Avon Park which is 15 minutes from the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof. The weather lately has been behaving. Sometimes in the morning it may be a bit chilly (60F by Florida standards!) but it warms up pretty quickly and have been having average 70*F throughout the day, and no rain to speak of mostly. Still, I would bring a light warm jacket and an umbrella for just in case ... better to be safe ...

I won't be able to shoot the match, (I'm not too happy about it, but doctors orders !!) but I'll be skulking around checking the action and saying hello to everyone. Heck, if the weather is real nice I might even fire up the "barbie" and have a late afternoon little party for some of us either Friday or Saturday. I've been looking for an excuse to do it ... so this may be it. I got some nice "aged" steaks, plenty of chicken, burgers and wieners to flame up. I just got to get some brewsky's and I'll be ready. We'll see, and talk some more about it at the match. :cheers:

I have a riddle and solving it would help out a fellow shooter.

THe match received a fax application to the Open today but the transmission was corrupted and only parts of the fax came through.

The information that we have is:

Name..Jer

major

Address: 43

Phone: 904-6

and that's it....

904 means that it is somebody in the Jax area ... possibly Jerry?

Any clues?

Thanks all.