Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Classifier Vid

Ben Stoeger

Ben,

I noticed that on both El Prezes you went left to right to start, then right to left after the load. Have you found it faster shot-to-shot, before and after the load, to do it that way, rather than reorienting the gun between T3 and T1 during the load?

Ben,

I noticed that on both El Prezes you went left to right to start, then right to left after the load. Have you found it faster shot-to-shot, before and after the load, to do it that way, rather than reorienting the gun between T3 and T1 during the load?

I can't really say that I have seen it make a difference.

It is a mindset thing. (no extra movement)

With the targets spaced like that doing a slide lock load, it doesn't matter. The reason is that during the slide lock load I would have time to transition back to the first target. If I was doing an in battery speed reload, then it would matter. So, out of habit I just don't bother going back to the first target. I shoot the same speed either direction.

It is a mindset thing. (no extra movement)

With the targets spaced like that doing a slide lock load, it doesn't matter. The reason is that during the slide lock load I would have time to transition back to the first target. If I was doing an in battery speed reload, then it would matter. So, out of habit I just don't bother going back to the first target. I shoot the same speed either direction.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I started out doing it that way, because it just made logical sense to me, but I let myself get talked out of it. One guy put it to me, "If you notice everyone else is doing things differently than you, there's probably a reason for that." Arrogant twit.

As Brian might say... Maku Mozo, buddy. :)

It can be hard to go with your gut, or what makes sense to you, when those you perceive as better shooters - who ARE, in fact, at your relative skill levels at the time, better shooters than you - are telling you to do something different. At times, when that happens, you find out with more experience there was a REASON they were telling you that, that at your skill level at the time you simply didn't have the experience to understand. On the other hand, at times you find out you would have been better off going with your own thoughts. And life goes on, and the Path never ends. :D