Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

United States IPSC National Championship

I pleased to announce the unique...

United States IPSC Nationals

Yes...IPSC.

B)

- This will be a National Championship match.

- This match will be a qualifier match for the next World Shoot Team.

- Pending approval, it will be a Level III IPSC match.

- The match will be held on Sunday, Oct. 4th at the Pickaway County Sportsmen club in Circleville, Ohio (Circleville is 30 minutes south of Columbus, OH)

- This match will be back-to-back with the Ohio Section match (Level III - USPSA). The Ohio match will be on Friday (staff) and Saturday...Oct. 2 & 3.

Match info here: http://www.lchico5u.com/ohio_ipsc.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle,

I can come and RO if needed. Hopefully I won't have to drive all night to get there this time. If this is anything like two years ago, it is an awesome match. Anyone on the fence should try to be there if possible.

Scott

To answer what seem to be a couple of common questions...

- To shoot an IPSC match, you don't have to hold any classifications.

- If you are a member of USPSA, you can shoot IPSC matches.

Nothing special there.

However...

As some of you might have figured out (who is good with math?? :) )... A one day match presents us with a rather short supply of shooting slots. And, we are tasked with the challenges of naming a National Champion, along with being part of the selection process for the next World Shoot Team...in multiple divisions...and categories. I've been burning up quite a few brain cells on that. Should prove interesting.

So you don't yet have a number of how many slots will be available to shoot in the match? I have a friend in Circleville I haven't seen in a few years, been wondering what ole Todd was up to.

I do. I just haven't said yet. (check out that bold wording in the first post ;) )

I really expect it's going to be tight and tough to get into this match.

Whatever happens...it's a good bet that it will be posted here first.

It is probably safe to assume that the slots for the OH Sectional will go fast since many of the GM big names will more then likely want to warm up before the IPSC Nats. A good move would be to do the hustle and get apps in for the OH match...and even if you don't get in to the IPSC Nats, hang around and hobknob with the top shooters of our sport ;)

What's the weather like that time of year in Ohio?

Should be beautiful football weather...maybe cool...for those from Cali...60-70's maybe..of course it has snowed on Halloween around these parts.

But we should have some color in the trees...beautiful time of the year here in the middle states

Hmmm, need more vacation time, and only two weeks before nationals in Vegas.

What's the weather like that time of year in Ohio?

Take your pick=hot and humid, hot and rainy, cold and humid, cold and rainy, SNOW.

:mellow:

That time of year around here (we get 4 true seasons of weather in Ohio)... Summer is winding down and Autumn is trying to start up. The leaves on the trees just might be starting to, ever so slightly, turn colors.

I expect it to be shorts wearing weather for me. And, I'll have a pull-over in the truck, for when the sun goes down.

If you are from the sun-belt (Florida), you might wear jeans and have a light jacket to put on when you aren't shooting...or not.

(knock on wood) It's probably about the very best possible weather to be outside shooting a match in. Not hot. Not cold. :)