Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

catching a foul ball

outerlimits

Congrats!!!I caught my first foul ball last year at a playoff game. I went head first over my seat and grabbed the ball, spilling the guy's beer behind me. My buddy got a foul ball too the inning

before I did. That has got to be one of the rarest doubles ever.

I got one in batting practice, couldn't tell you who hit it wasn't a big name though. Still waiting to get one in a game though. I Have been to a gazillion games and I took my buddy who could care less to be at an astros game in the dome, and S. Sosa hit a hr behind us and the ball went forward and wedged between him and his seat, so he took that ball home. I have been going to games for over 25yrs, that was his first game. go figure, destiny

How Cool! My wife and I lived in SF in the late 90s and early 00s. Her company bought box seats to the Giants when they first opened Pacbell Park. That's a GREAT ball field, although its a little COLD!

My friend tried to catch one a couple of years ago in a big plastic cup, it got ripped out of his hands and nailed the kid sitting behind him. I have to say that is was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

Nice job on the catch.

I have one on my mantle I got from the Norfolk Tides game, we were right behind 3rd. The ball was a line drive right off the x wifes skull, laid her out cold. Ball went straight up and I caught it. After a little beer splashed in her face she seemed to come around ok, but you know for some reason things weren't quite the same.

Edited by Joe4d

Years ago my son and I attended many home games of the local Triple A baseball team, the Albuquerque Dukes. We (ex, myself and son) were going to meet some friends at a game and as luck would have it I got stuck at work for several hours. Later that evening my ex called me at work. The game went into extra innings and they were still there. She told me that Brian had caught a tipped ball down the third base line. I asked her what Brian was wearing in the way of clothes and told her why. I was home when they got there and launched into a ficticious story about hearing the game on local radio and hearing the announcer rant and rave about a kid dressed in bright green shorts make a spectacular catch behind the third base line. Brian, who was seven at the time, thought he was a superstar. He snagged a ball and the catch was broadcast live on the radio. He's 29 now and I still have not told him the truth. Probably never will.

CYa,

Pat