Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost Wallet

Micah

One of my fellow teachers needed a few extra boxes of Fruit Rollups for a plant cell project that she was conducting this afternoon at school today, so I made a quick trip to the K-Mart that's two blocks away to pick them up. When I got back to the school, I noticed that my wallet was missing. I searched everywhere in my classroom, her classroom, the parking lot at the school...no dice. Then I went back to the K-mart and did the same...nothing. I asked the manager to review the tape of my purchase (it had only been 15 minutes ago), which revealed that I placed the wallet in my front right pocket...where it always goes.

f*#king bummer man. I've found two wallets this year already and always make sure that the owner gets them back THAT DAY. Even though I have a card in my wallet that has my contact info if it is lost, I doubt that the asswipe that picked it up is going to give me a call.

I was sure that I had good karma...but today it just doesn't feel like it :closedeyes:

You could check here:

Lost & Found.org

Never know what you find. That sucks though. Knock on wood, I haven't lost my wallet. I did lose my car keys while in Afghanistan (car/storage unit for back home) but oddly enough they turned up with a buddy that was at another base. :D

Good thoughts brotha.

Rich

One of my fellow teachers needed a few extra boxes of Fruit Rollups for a plant cell project that she was conducting this afternoon at school today, so I made a quick trip to the K-Mart that's two blocks away to pick them up. When I got back to the school, I noticed that my wallet was missing. I searched everywhere in my classroom, her classroom, the parking lot at the school...no dice. Then I went back to the K-mart and did the same...nothing. I asked the manager to review the tape of my purchase (it had only been 15 minutes ago), which revealed that I placed the wallet in my front right pocket...where it always goes.

f*#king bummer man. I've found two wallets this year already and always make sure that the owner gets them back THAT DAY. Even though I have a card in my wallet that has my contact info if it is lost, I doubt that the asswipe that picked it up is going to give me a call.

I was sure that I had good karma...but today it just doesn't feel like it :closedeyes:

Look beside your seat on the right side, or did you walk?

Edited by JThompson

I asked the manager to review the tape of my purchase (it had only been 15 minutes ago), which revealed that I placed the wallet in my front right pocket...where it always goes.

Did you check your front LEFT pocket? :ph34r:;)

I just gave you 4 lbs of V.V. N-320 yesterday, which has a street value of like $400 :goof:

lulz.

I'm feeling better about it now. My birthday is in a month, so I needed a new license and CCW anyway. I suppose whoever found it needed the loot more than I anyway.

25 years ago. A girl friend lost my wallet . two days later a down and out looking Mex family returned my wallet to my door, found my address off of the drivers license. They did not speak a word of English but looked at my face hard to compare the photo and thin handed the wallet over with a smile, and turned to go.

I followed them down the walk & had to insist on them keeping the cash inside the wallet. My house was nice, my truck looked near new. Their old truck did run but just barely.

Karma can slap you when you think things are bad,

That blows...

I lost my wallet almost exactly a year ago. Or I should say my wallet was stolen almost exactly a year ago. I was at the cell phone store getting my oldest a new cell for our up coming trip to Panama City Beach for spring break. I was taking several of their friends along so I had been collecting the kids money all day. The store is busy so we wait. Finally our number is called and we work with the sales chick. I pay for the phone and my younger daughter says, "wow dad. you sure have a lot of money in your wallet!". I also had my wallet in my right front coat pocket. We leave and go to grab a snack and no wallet. I race back to the store and nothing. We watch the video tape and nothing. THERE WAS 900 DOLLARS CASH IN THE WALLET!!! Never lost my wallet before so I'm feeling sick to my stomach about the money and stuff. About 20 minutes later my bank calls me and ask if there is a problem with my debt card. It had been used to buy gas at four different gas stations since it was stolen and they turned it off till they talked to me! When I was on the phone someone was actually trying to use it the lady said! Luckily my bank was great about it and refunded the amount debited from my account. Still was out the 900 DOLLARS CASH!!! The good news is we were still able to make our trip to spring break and had a great time forgetting it all...

25 years ago. A girl friend lost my wallet . two days later a down and out looking Mex family returned my wallet to my door, found my address off of the drivers license. They did not speak a word of English but looked at my face hard to compare the photo and thin handed the wallet over with a smile, and turned to go.

I followed them down the walk & had to insist on them keeping the cash inside the wallet. My house was nice, my truck looked near new. Their old truck did run but just barely.

Karma can slap you when you think things are bad,

It's nice to know there are a few good folks out there.