Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know I dont travel as much as some of you -mostly SC-NC-GA-VA-WV TN-when I go to WV and merge onto the innerstate from an off ramp people move over and let you in--thanks--no big deal-but in SC-where I live they dont seem to do it as much--but in WV you better get on and get going just my $.02 I have noticed more traffic cops doing business -- so when you load up and start to that big match ARIVE ALIVE and BUCKLE UP :rolleyes:

I've descovered that drivers in Western, PA. have no clue how to merge into traffic. Growing up in Atlanta and school in Virginia, I am accustomed to people used to driving on interstates. That is not the norm here. I don't know why, maybe people are just scared of the interstate for some reason.

In Minnesota people won't move over to let you merge.

Another issue here are cars that STOP near the bottom of the on ramp & wait for a hole in traffic. My dad always said that on ramps were the place to get near or up to freeway speed. Off ramps are the place to slow. Not a half mile before the exit.

Another issue here are cars that STOP near the bottom of the on ramp & wait for a hole in traffic. My dad always said that on ramps were the place to get near or up to freeway speed. Off ramps are the place to slow. Not a half mile before the exit.

+1 - exactly my thoughts - if you're not going the speed of traffic by the time you get to the bottom of the ramp - you better have a damn good excuse...

+1 - exactly my thoughts - if you're not going the speed of traffic by the time you get to the bottom of the ramp - you better have a damn good excuse...

Like the on-ramp has a Yield sign?. If I'm on entering on the ramp and I don't have a yield sign, then the highway traffic should be watching for me to join in at highway speed. I'll do the same if the situation is reversed. BUT... if I'm on the highway in the right lane and the on-ramp has a yield sign, they better be yielding.

just my $.02

..when I go to WV and merge onto the innerstate from an off ramp people move over and let you in--

I'd get over too...if you were coming at me from an offramp. :roflol:

That reminds me of driving in Maryland....

I actually saw that several times.

It was usually people who realized they had taken the wrong exit and decided to REVERSE UP the off ramp to get back on the highway.

I don't miss Maryland. I miss some people and the job, but not anything else about the state....

-rvb

Just yesterday I was stuck behind a 90's ford van that was going about 10mph trying to merge onto the interstate. Stupid.

We get alot of those on 75 down here Matt. They usually have Michigan tags... :roflol:

:rolleyes: Very funny...

It was worse that I was trying to merge at speed so I had my motorcycle leaned about all the way over going 55 and had to stop for that bus.

Just yesterday I was stuck behind a 90's ford van that was going about 10mph trying to merge onto the interstate. Stupid.

We get alot of those on 75 down here Matt. They usually have Michigan tags... :roflol:

:rolleyes: Very funny...

It was worse that I was trying to merge at speed so I had my motorcycle leaned about all the way over going 55 and had to stop for that bus.

eeeesh. not good a scoot.

I call it "merging with the brakes". It is my biggest pet peeve and I have been known to merge first, using the full acceleration of my car to shut the door on the timid party. Not nice I know, but those are what our prehistoric ancestors would have called "cheetah chow"...

People who can't get up to highway speed by the end of the ramp cause traffic jams. People who slow down to let them in cause traffic jams. People who move left to let them in but don't speed up to match the left lane cause traffic jams.

I lived in a lot of places... California, Mass, Virginia, and New Hampshire. I've driven coast to coast and have visited 38 states by car.

Let me ruin the surprise. EVERYBODY SUCKS AT DRIVING! Folks that don't see rain freak in the rain, folks that don't see snow freak in the snow. Folks in big cities drive too aggressively, folks in small towns drive too slowly, folks that drive for a living know better than everyone else -- you don't even have to ask them, they'll tell you.

I've NEVER been anywhere where I wasn't rudely overtaken, pulled in front of, cut off, stopped short, not signaled in front of, etc... nuch of that time was in a 3/4ton pickup with a 7000# trailer in tow. A lot of that time was as a passenger in a Semi.

Everybody sucks at driving (but me!)

I lived in a lot of places... California, Mass, Virginia, and New Hampshire. I've driven coast to coast and have visited 38 states by car.

Let me ruin the surprise. EVERYBODY SUCKS AT DRIVING! Folks that don't see rain freak in the rain, folks that don't see snow freak in the snow. Folks in big cities drive too aggressively, folks in small towns drive too slowly, folks that drive for a living know better than everyone else -- you don't even have to ask them, they'll tell you.

I've NEVER been anywhere where I wasn't rudely overtaken, pulled in front of, cut off, stopped short, not signaled in front of, etc... nuch of that time was in a 3/4ton pickup with a 7000# trailer in tow. A lot of that time was as a passenger in a Semi.

Everybody sucks at driving (but me!)

:)

Anybody that drives slower than me is an a_-hole. Anybody that drives faster is a dumbass. :roflol:

EVERYBODY SUCKS AT DRIVING!

Clearly you've never ridden with me --- I'm an excellent driver.... :roflol: :roflol:

Don't beleive it. Nik, ran me off the road at PASA...with a golf cart.

Yeeeeeeeahh...that's what happened. :roflol:

IIRC, I was the witness when you tried to wipe out the competition --- Anderson and Moneypenny......

If I'd run you over with a golf cart --- that people might believe.....

The funniest golf cart line/story however belongs to the youngest Rayner kid.....