Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

Squad 15, We get to shoot 4 stages Friday and Saturday, just one on Sunday. And best of all, or not depending entirely upon the weather (wind, cloud cover etc.) is that we get the "Classified Stage" as our last stage on Saturday. Just for fun we start on 7 in a parachute harness? Not sure what that will entail. Than after what looks like a fairly simple stage, we get the "Holes" and then the "Bridge"!

Should be fun, let's see? Hand warmers? Aleve? 5-Hour Energy? A change of clothes to wear back from the range so as not to get mud in my wife's car? (Double Check that one!)

Jim

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiver of Liability Issues

I just filled out my WoL document and it has 2007 in the date field. Do we need to update the doc? I can fix it myself but thought others would like to know. See everyone in 4 days!

-mike-

Squad 15, We get to shoot 4 stages Friday and Saturday, just one on Sunday. And best of all, or not depending entirely upon the weather (wind, cloud cover etc.) is that we get the "Classified Stage" as our last stage on Saturday. Just for fun we start on 7 in a parachute harness? Not sure what that will entail. Than after what looks like a fairly simple stage, we get the "Holes" and then the "Bridge"!

Should be fun, let's see? Hand warmers? Aleve? 5-Hour Energy? A change of clothes to wear back from the range so as not to get mud in my wife's car? (Double Check that one!)

Jim

Hand warmers??!! You Northern Brethren must be thin-blooded! Friday the high is forecast for 48 degrees. Some Southerners will be in shorts! No different from the Fourth of July and Christmas Wx for us.

RMD

Bob,

OK, then I expect you will be shooing in shorts? Me? at my age I have learned a few things; 3-gun is for long pants. Cold or potentially cold mornings need things like handwarmers and warm jackets for downtime. I can take off extra if I have too much on, but if I start out dressed for 60 and it is only 34, I will be cold and old bones do not perform well if they are cold.

I see we are on the same squad. Look forward to meeting you.

Jim

A change of clothes to wear back from the range so as not to get mud in my wife's car? (Double Check that one!)

Jim

Jim you will be happy to know that mud is not allowed for the match and AMU has us taken care of since there is no rain in the forceast until a chance on Sunday. So bring your umbrella to the prize table and you should be good to go.

Bob,

OK, then I expect you will be shooing in shorts? Me? at my age I have learned a few things; 3-gun is for long pants. Cold or potentially cold mornings need things like handwarmers and warm jackets for downtime. I can take off extra if I have too much on, but if I start out dressed for 60 and it is only 34, I will be cold and old bones do not perform well if they are cold.

Jim

Jim:

Just funning you.

Look forward to meeting you as well and hope for some tips from the more experienced.

RMD

For the dinner on Saturday evening --- we are MAXED out.

We apologize, but we will not be able to accomodate more than what we have. Any e-mails sent to me requesting to take part in the dinner (2:15 pm est) will not be added onto the list.

Don't worry if I didn't reply to your e-mails regarding the dinner - prior to this reply, you're all in.

Thanks

The course description say you must fire at least one round from each box.(to keep from having the score halved) If you have to engage a clay, that would mean that in the last box you'd actually be required to fire 2 rounds. As you say though it'll no doubt be clarified by the RO.

Well, one sentense says that you must fire one round in each box. The very next sentense, says if you don't engage at least one target, then you will be penalized. Is the activator considered a target or not?

A question pertaining to the weapons disclosure form and being allowed on post.

I'm planning on getting to Columbus around 2:00 pm Thursday afternoon. I'm going to check into the hotel before I go over to the visitors center to register my truck and also plan on registering at the range that afternoon. Since the match doesn't start until Friday morning, will there be any trouble getting on post w/ my guns and weapon disclosure form? I really don't want to leave them at the hotel.

Thanks!

Seems to me that the course description for the speed shoot requires at least one shot to be fired from each position. If you engage anthing down range, whether you hit it or not, is a target engaged. The steel is a non-scoring target that lauches clay birds which score 8 points. Anyway, that's my read. RO will clarify everything. Go have fun.

A question pertaining to the weapons disclosure form and being allowed on post.

I'm planning on getting to Columbus around 2:00 pm Thursday afternoon. I'm going to check into the hotel before I go over to the visitors center to register my truck and also plan on registering at the range that afternoon. Since the match doesn't start until Friday morning, will there be any trouble getting on post w/ my guns and weapon disclosure form? I really don't want to leave them at the hotel.

Thanks!

Bryan,

You will be fine entering on Thursday. We have done it the last 4 years with no issues at all.

Steve

Seems to me that the course description for the speed shoot requires at least one shot to be fired from each position. If you engage anthing down range, whether you hit it or not, is a target engaged. The steel is a non-scoring target that lauches clay birds which score 8 points. Anyway, that's my read. RO will clarify everything. Go have fun.

"All targets are worth 4 points with the exception of the flippers. "

Would indicate that the activators are not targets, since if they were, they would have been worth four points ;)

But then you would have to shoot two rounds from that box...

Doesnt really make sense, but I'm sure they'll let us know before we shoot the stage...

Edited by gose

QUOTE (Still Praying @ Nov 28 2009, 08:44 PM)

BTW, who's shooting the EAGC's 3-gun warm up tomorrow?

most of squad 3 went to today... great match lng day!! ronnine and mark.. kudos!!!

Thanks, I had a great time too. Shotgun stage 3 told me what I needed to know for the par stage at Ft. Benning. Now if I can only do it. :surprise:

Bob,

Jim

Jim:

Just funning you.

Look forward to meeting you as well and hope for some tips from the more experienced.

RMD

Cultural diveristy. Is Linda a squad genius ro what? :roflol:

Not a great day for me. :(

After I posted squads last night I was called into the hospital for an emergency involving an 18 year old (at college in Columbia - her parents were 600 miles away). I worked from 2:30 AM until 6:00 AM. She is now better.

Once I got home & slept for 4 hours, I packed up the minivan & got on the road to Ft Benning 3 hours later than I had planned. I hit the outskirts of Atlanta at 4:30 PM -- the only thing worse than Atlanta GA rush hour traffic, would be Atlanta GA rush hour traffic IN THE RAIN when you are really tired. Actually, the word "rush" hour implies movement & that does not accurately describe most of my experience today. :wacko:

I am finally at the hotel in Columbus GA. I open my email and find 115 email messages regarding Ft Benning. . . Honest to God, people, I was tempted to just shut the computer off. Instead, I will take a little nap & get started wading thorough the 115 messages. Just do not expect a quick reply.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

After I posted squads last night I was called into the hospital for an emergency involving an 18 year old (at college in Columbia - her parents were 600 miles away). I worked from 2:30 AM until 6:00 AM. She is now better.

Once I got home & slept for 4 hours, I packed up the minivan & got on the road to Ft Benning 3 hours later than I had planned. I hit the outskirts of Atlanta at 4:30 PM -- the only thing worse than Atlanta GA rush hour traffic, would be Atlanta GA rush hour traffic IN THE RAIN when you are really tired. Actually, the word "rush" hour implies movement & that does not accurately describe most of my experience today. :wacko:

I am finally at the hotel in Columbus GA. I open my email and find 115 email messages regarding Ft Benning. . . Honest to God, people, I was tempted to just shut the computer off. Instead, I will take a little nap & get started wading thorough the 115 messages. Just do not expect a quick reply.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

An empty inbox is only 115 clicks on delete away ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Glad you are safe. You are loved.

First things first, READ THE WHOLE STAGE DESCRIPTION, even the (parenthesis)! If you still have a question, no one here can help you.......

Second I've told Linda cut this stuff out! There is no way that everyone will be happy with the squad list. If there is someone on your squad you do not know, make new friends. If you are squaded with someone you don't like, take solace in the fact they probably do not like you either. If you are squaded with someone you really really hate, take it out on yourself.

Seriously, Linda has worked hard to accommodate your requests, life happens. If you did not ask till now, send your request to me first at fb3gunmd@gmail.com I'll get you squared away like a box ASAP..... or tell you to pound sand.

BigHamp