Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was last years round count per email last year!

ROUNDS REQUIRED

Pistol 92

Rifle 97

Shotgun 54

Slug 8

Steve

Steve has the actual round count. Rich who posted just prior has what most of us not on the leader board had to discharge. YMMV. Charles

I just read this entire thread to make sure I haven't missed anything. To say that I am glad I am a staff member again this year would be a drastic understatement. To not have to sweat getting in is a relief. Looking forward to the match already. Good luck to everyone!

I just read this entire thread to make sure I haven't missed anything. To say that I am glad I am a staff member again this year would be a drastic understatement. To not have to sweat getting in is a relief. Looking forward to the match already. Good luck to everyone!

:goof: I think I have re-read the thread several times... :surprise:

This will be my first year and I am totally excited... Now I am just waiting for the check to cash and to get more info about the match (I hope the post office hasn't lost anything!!) ... December is too far away!

BTW - has anyone noticed there are close to 14500 views?? Damn popular!

Edited by HS101

This thread is already up to 14 pages and it's still over 5 months before the actual competition.

So who wants to guess how many pages it will be once we hit end of Nov 2009?

This thread is already up to 14 pages and it's still over 5 months before the actual competition.

So who wants to guess how many pages it will be once we hit end of Nov 2009?

This thread will run until Christmas. Because shooters here have told the world after the match what they missed, it has driven up demand for this match. Because we have more shooters allowed in the match in 2009 than ever before, the demand will again increase in 2010.

the demand will again increase in 2010.

2010, are you telling us that there is a future?

On another note, who has already reserved their lodgings?

Jim

Grasshopper:

If you go back and read the threads from the past years, Aaron Hampton talked then about "if" AMU does another match. Based the success of this match and on his committment to 3 Gun as demonstated by his appointment to the NRA Three Gun Committee, I am confident that if the base allowe us access and Aaron is still at AMU, the match will go on.

Charles

Yes, that was the ACTUAL round count for last year. And also as stated by Charles, many more rounds were shot by myself as well, many rifles rounds as a bolt action AR! That has been fixed, as if it makes any difference in my poor finishes at all. But hey, it's fun to be shooting still even if I can't seem to play as fast as the other guys that shoot more than my measly 2 3 gun matches a year. Looking forward to seeing old friends as well as a few new faces this year!

Steve

This was last years round count per email last year!

ROUNDS REQUIRED

Pistol 92

Rifle 97

Shotgun 54

Slug 8

Steve

Steve has the actual round count. Rich who posted just prior has what most of us not on the leader board had to discharge. YMMV. Charles

Jim, you bring up a good point on lodging. I looked over the FB3G website, but couldn't find anything on a match hotel. Is there one, or do we need to just make arrangements w/ a motel that's close?

This will be my first year and I am totally excited... Now I am just waiting for the check to cash and to get more info about the match (I hope the post office hasn't lost anything!!) ... December is too far away!

I hear ya on the post office, this is the one time I'm really hoping they don't lose my envelope! Waiting for that "got your app & check" email! God bless the USPS!

On hotels, I don't believe there is one. However, there is a good Holiday Express not too far from the base. Understand that there is NOTHING, near the base that you want to stay at. Stay away from Victory Drive (i.e. the Days Inn and other hotels down there)....unless you don't mind getting your stuff stolen and cars broken in to.

A little further drive is worth it.

Rich

On hotels, I don't believe there is one. However, there is a good Holiday Express not too far from the base. Understand that there is NOTHING, near the base that you want to stay at. Stay away from Victory Drive (i.e. the Days Inn and other hotels down there)....unless you don't mind getting your stuff stolen and cars broken in to.

Rich

Nothing? :roflol:

Rich

Oh come on. There is nothing wrong with the Black Angus hotel on VD drive...... :rolleyes:

I hear ya on the post office, this is the one time I'm really hoping they don't lose my envelope! Waiting for that "got your app & check" email! God bless the USPS!

And the fact of the matter is the USPS loses very few pieces of mail. Usually, they are just delayed. That is why I am going by postmark dates and not the day it arrives in my hands. If anyone's application is significantly delayed, I'll deal with that on an individual basis (and Merlin Orr, Mike Seeklander and Jaysen Mauria can tell you how reasonable I have been in the past about delayed mail).

I do have one little note from the Post Office about a shooter who sent an application "Certified." I apparently forgot to include that category in the list on the application: "No Priority, Express or Overnight Services." The reason for that message is because I have a job (my daytime real job that pays for my hobbies :) ). There is no one home in the daytime to sign for mail. So it will sit at the Post Office until I have a day off & time to go get it. And for my next major match, I will remember to add "postal services that require a signature."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

I will be interested in knowing the match hotel.

When I get the word that YES,, I'm in the match.

I stayed in the barracks,, last time I was on Benning,, in 1987 I think.. my name was N107..

Funny the things you can remember.

Jim M ammo

I will be interested in knowing the match hotel.

When I get the word that YES,, I'm in the match.

I stayed in the barracks,, last time I was on Benning,, in 1987 I think.. my name was N107..

Funny the things you can remember.

Jim M ammo

I would also be interested in knowing the match hotel :rolleyes: . . . I do not think we have signed a contact yet. We have a number of things to include in a contract besides the best price on rooms we can get: the hotel must accept shipped ammo to hold for shooters who are registered guests. They have to provide space for registration on 2 nights. They have to hold separate rooms for staff.

I think everyone in the AMU is out of town at the moment. I will pass on hotel info as soon as I have it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Rich

I have been quite happy at the Econ Lodge on Victory the last couple of years. Based on what I see, Victory Drive is no better or worse than any other area of Columbus since the clean up of that area several years ago. I can also say that in the past when I have heard of guns disappearing in vehicle breakins, it has always been at a match motel.

Charles

Rich

I have been quite happy at the Econ Lodge on Victory the last couple of years. Based on what I see, Victory Drive is no better or worse than any other area of Columbus since the clean up of that area several years ago. I can also say that in the past when I have heard of guns disappearing in vehicle breakins, it has always been at a match motel.

Charles

You don't suppose employees of the match hotels pass info along concerning the nature of the guests staying in the hotels to people of questionable integrity do you? ;)

Edited by cold

Check the CPWSA.com Adventure travel section for info on "High Adventure" lodging for this and other prominent three gun matches. While I am one of the unnamed shooters that figure prominently in the reviews and get all of the inside jokes, Chris' commentary on lodging is great for a laugh for any shooter that hasn't seen it.

Check the CPWSA.com Adventure travel section for info on "High Adventure" lodging for this and other prominent three gun matches. While I am one of the unnamed shooters that figure prominently in the reviews and get all of the inside jokes, Chris' commentary on lodging is great for a laugh for any shooter that hasn't seen it.

And while on the site, buy something from a great guy who supports our sport with both product and presence!

Rich

Charles

You don't suppose employees of the match hotels pass info along concerning the nature of the guests staying in the hotels to people of questionable integrity do you? ;)

Since all the guns I know about that have gone missing are the really high dollar guns, you don't really want to know what I think.