Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

BigHamp beat me to it and much more eloquently.

I'll speak only for me. I was very happy to know what my schedule was. As for with whom I am squadded, other than my travel bud, I don't care. I can shoot with people I know at every local match. When I travel to an away match, I enjoy the meeting of new people shooting on a new range, finding a new place to eat.

Anyone that at this late hour has suddenly decided they need a squad change so they can shoot with a particular person other than family or for travel reasons should consider just how lucky they are to have made it to the match and how fortunate they are not to have had to cancel at the last minute as several of our number have.

Hopefully none of those emails mean more personal problems.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squad 9, 9:00, stage 5, Classified. :cheers::sight:

I know! I don't know if we should be happy with this draw or a little nervous :surprise:

At least we don't start out on 2. Your match showed me how few targets I will actually get to engage in 23 seconds :o

Thursday will be spent at the practice range trying to get a 300, 400 & 400+ zero on my rifle...

Edited by HS101

-- the only thing worse than Atlanta GA rush hour traffic, would be Atlanta GA rush hour traffic IN THE RAIN when you are really tired. Actually, the word "rush" hour implies movement & that does not accurately describe most of my experience today. :wacko:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Yep, BTDT. It IS NOT fun.

Glad you made it in and hope you get the rest you need.

RMD

My truck started acting up yesterday. I have an appointment to get it checked tomorrow. But, in the event any of you driving down I-75 see two guys with their thumbs out carrying long gun cases on Thursday, I'd appreciate a ride! :)

My truck started acting up yesterday. I have an appointment to get it checked tomorrow. But, in the event any of you driving down I-75 see two guys with their thumbs out carrying long gun cases on Thursday, I'd appreciate a ride! :)

Bryan,

You planning on breaking down that close do ya? We will be driving down I65 around your area at around, oh, guessing 3am or so! :wacko: Probably won't see you on the side of the road at that hour in the pitch black. Light a flare and maybe we will know it's you and stop. At least your guns would make it, unless you want to ride on the luggage rack? You truck will do fine! See you there hopefully. Shooting on lucky squad number 13! Weeeeeeeeeee

Steve

<_< I got the Video camera pulled out and the batteries charged , I will try and shoot some video of the stages, before we shoot.

I may have all I can keep up with getting my Act ready to shoot the stage , so I may not take much video when the match begins.

I will try and get my wife to help with the camera so that I can post some Vidds for the ....Less fortunate

JF B)

Squad 9, 9:00, stage 5, Classified. :cheers::sight:

And Me!

Since we do not shoot until 9 on Friday am, maybe our squad could guard the stats building from squad whiners?

!

Your time might be better spent guarding the whiners from the stats crew. :devil:

Because unless they plan to completely drop out of shooting after this match, they will certainly run into me and Sandra again sometime . . .

Just kidding

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

oops - meant to post that the revised (and FINAL) squad list is posted at

http://www.fb3g.com/SquadList.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

And still no babes on Squad 9...guess I am in the wood shed :surprise: or is it Ronnie or Alan's fault :wacko:

Edited by Charles Bond

Charles,

Could it be that referring to the fine ladies that we on occasion get to shoot with as 'Babes' might just have something to do with the persons you wind up squadded with.

Jim

Could be but if you call them "women" that sounds pretty stale. I can not speak for NJ but down here all our shooting females are "ladies". I can also at least I can say for my part in direct reference to those that shoot 3 gun, they are all babes which denote an advenous and daring spirit more than anything. And last but not least, babes come to the match loaded down with home baked goods!

Should you not be on the road by now?

1 more day of work.... Tomorrow is going to be the longest day of work ever!

It'll be nice to meet some of the people who share so much on these boards...

And, I look forward to meeting the 15 other brave souls in Tac-Irons :surprise:

I start off on the "classified" stage, so I will see right away how masochistic a decision to forgo the scope really was :unsure:

Charles,

Could it be that referring to the fine ladies that we on occasion get to shoot with as 'Babes' might just have something to do with the persons you wind up squadded with.

Jim

Could be but if you call them "women" that sounds pretty stale. I can not speak for NJ but down here all our shooting females are "ladies". I can also at least I can say for my part in direct reference to those that shoot 3 gun, they are all babes which denote an advenous and daring spirit more than anything. And last but not least, babes come to the match loaded down with home baked goods!

Should you not be on the road by now?

Yes Charles, I have my baking planned out for tomorrow. A babe? Huh! I wonder what a plaque would look like on my wall that says "High Babe". That's really funny. Oh well, I won't have to worry about that one for this match. See ya Thursday.