Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

On hotels, I don't believe there is one. However, there is a good Holiday Express not too far from the base. Understand that there is NOTHING, near the base that you want to stay at. Stay away from Victory Drive (i.e. the Days Inn and other hotels down there)....unless you don't mind getting your stuff stolen and cars broken in to.

A little further drive is worth it.

Rich

Nothing? :roflol:

I have been quite happy at the Econ Lodge on Victory the last couple of years. Based on what I see, Victory Drive is no better or worse than any other area of Columbus since the clean up of that area several years ago. I can also say that in the past when I have heard of guns disappearing in vehicle breakins, it has always been at a match motel.

Charles

Charles...SHHHHH!!!!! That's like the one decent hotel on VD drive. It's also like the cheapest. Seriously though. Look a little further from the base guys and you'll be happy with what you find.

Rich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On hotels, I don't believe there is one. However, there is a good Holiday Express not too far from the base. Understand that there is NOTHING, near the base that you want to stay at. Stay away from Victory Drive (i.e. the Days Inn and other hotels down there)....unless you don't mind getting your stuff stolen and cars broken in to.

A little further drive is worth it.

Rich

Nothing? :roflol:

I have been quite happy at the Econ Lodge on Victory the last couple of years. Based on what I see, Victory Drive is no better or worse than any other area of Columbus since the clean up of that area several years ago. I can also say that in the past when I have heard of guns disappearing in vehicle breakins, it has always been at a match motel.

Charles

You don't suppose employees of the match hotels pass info along concerning the nature of the guests staying in the hotels to people of questionable integrity do you? ;)

Since all the guns I know about that have gone missing are the really high dollar guns, you don't really want to know what I think.

Next time your at the courthouse, stop in and tell me.

Sorry for the late notice on the Match Hotel info. The team has been at Fort Hood all week.

Match Hotel

Holiday Inn Express (North Columbus)

2800 Manchester Expy, Columbus GA 31904

877-786-9460

Rate: $109 per night + taxes

Rooms blocked - cut off date 11 Nov 09

Rooms will go fast just like last year.

Sorry for the late notice on the Match Hotel info. The team has been at Fort Hood all week.

Match Hotel

Holiday Inn Express (North Columbus)

2800 Manchester Expy, Columbus GA 31904

877-786-9460

Rate: $109 per night + taxes

Rooms blocked - cut off date 11 Nov 09

Rooms will go fast just like last year.

NO! Wrong address & phone. Same hotel as last year:

Holiday Inn Express

Columbus Northlake

7336 Bear Lane

Columbus GA 31909

Call 706-507-7200 to make your reservations. Staff will be emailed info by Sandra Orvig. Waiting List staff should make reservations under the staff block.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Please do not send me messages asking if your envelope/application/check has arrived. You did not receive a confirmation because no one has been sent a confirmation yet. I have about 300 envelopes in a rather large stack (I stopped counting at 300). Since they could be postmarked up to June 25th, I did not plan to start opening & sorting them until this weekend. Confirmation messages should start going out Monday night.

I really don't want to send out multiple messages to the same person. Since I anticipate moving some shooters off the initial 170 (into sponsor slots where sponsor agreements have already been signed), I would love to send confirmation of match entry to a few guys who are now on the waiting list. Also, I can send updated waiting list information to those on that list.

If you have questions or need to contact me, please use my off Forum email: LChico@msn.com

Do not send me PM's on this forum. 1. There is a limit to the number of messages I can have on this forum and I am rapidly approaching that level. 2. I prefer to keep all messages related to a match in one file one my computer. If I need to review information, or forward a message, it is easier to do from my personal email.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Please do not send me messages asking if your envelope/application/check has arrived. You did not receive a confirmation because no one has been sent a confirmation yet. I have about 300 envelopes in a rather large stack (I stopped counting at 300). Since they could be postmarked up to June 25th, I did not plan to start opening & sorting them until this weekend. Confirmation messages should start going out Monday night.

I really don't want to send out multiple messages to the same person. Since I anticipate moving some shooters off the initial 170 (into sponsor slots where sponsor agreements have already been signed), I would love to send confirmation of match entry to a few guys who are now on the waiting list. Also, I can send updated waiting list information to those on that list.

If you have questions or need to contact me, please use my off Forum email: LChico@msn.com

Do not send me PM's on this forum. 1. There is a limit to the number of messages I can have on this forum and I am rapidly approaching that level. 2. I prefer to keep all messages related to a match in one file one my computer. If I need to review information, or forward a message, it is easier to do from my personal email.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

Quick question - above you mention that entries must have been postmarked by 25 JUN but in a previous post on this thread, you mention that entries must be postmarked within 2 weeks of notification. I didn't mail my entry until yesterday (27 JUN) because I was under the impression that we had 2 weeks to get them in. Am I still OK or did the postmark deadline change?

Thanks,

Doug

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

Quick question - above you mention that entries must have been postmarked by 25 JUN but in a previous post on this thread, you mention that entries must be postmarked within 2 weeks of notification. I didn't mail my entry until yesterday (27 JUN) because I was under the impression that we had 2 weeks to get them in. Am I still OK or did the postmark deadline change?

Thanks,

Doug

The June 25th deadline is for the first 170 (Registration Codes 1 through 170). They all received an email message with that deadline. Everyone on the waiting list (Registration Codes greater than 200) received a message that they had 2 weeks from the date I sent their email. The reason for the additional time is because it took me nearly 5 days to get to the end of the list.

You're good.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

The June 25th deadline is for the first 170 (Registration Codes 1 through 170). They all received an email message with that deadline. Everyone on the waiting list (Registration Codes greater than 200) received a message that they had 2 weeks from the date I sent their email. The reason for the additional time is because it took me nearly 5 days to get to the end of the list.

You're good.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda,

Thanks for the clarification - I almost had a mini-heart attack when I noticed the 25 JUN deadline :wacko:

I shot at my local 3 Gun Match yesterday and talked with some of the shooters.

It looks like there will be at least 5 of us from the Walnut Grove Gun Club in NC making it to FB3G. Two of the guys got spots #1 and #2. This is the type of reaction time I have to compete against at my local match!

I shot at my local 3 Gun Match yesterday and talked with some of the shooters.

It looks like there will be at least 5 of us from the Walnut Grove Gun Club in NC making it to FB3G. Two of the guys got spots #1 and #2. This is the type of reaction time I have to compete against at my local match!

So does that mean the server is close by?? I can only imagine what shooters 1 and 2 could command if they wanted to contract to send in the entries for some shooters next year. :cheers:

I am all :D's today. Now the "fun" waiting begins....

Reservations: check

Practice schedule/local matches added to calender: check

Shopping list of ammo and gear needed: check

I love this sport :devil:

Edited by HS101

Now, a bit of practice on longrange shooting and odd positions.

Jim

+1 (except I need to make the ammo) :cheers:

Planning on any more long range, low port rifle shots that require a snorkel?

Write checks to cover above checks: check

Add mask and snorkel to checklist: check :D

Lee

Write checks to cover above checks: check

Add mask and snorkel to checklist: check :D

Lee

Scuba anyone?

Last 3-gun almost answered the question, when can you have too much ammo? Answer: When you are swimming.

Now don't get me wrong here. I am not afraid of a little mud or water, just so long as it is reasonably warm mud and water. My days of swimming in 38 degree water are long gone, I hope.

Jim