Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tooo? What do you know that we don't about it filling up this year? I heard it took 26 seconds last year. Hmmmm

I know that a lot of shooters that started out on the waiting list ended up w/ a spot last year, but did this match fill up in less than 5 seconds last year too?

Tooo? What do you know that we don't about it filling up this year? I heard it took 26 seconds last year. Hmmmm
I know that a lot of shooters that started out on the waiting list ended up w/ a spot last year, but did this match fill up in less than 5 seconds last year too?

What, you haven't received your email yet?? :roflol:

:ph34r:

I'M JOKING! I know nothing, just like everyone else.

Okay, This will take a bit longer to sort through. There were 700 + people on the site at 9:29 PM. :surprise: Right now the MySQL file on my website has nearly 650 separate entries and the remote server only has 458, but it is still adding them slowly - I've watched that number climb from 240. I have 1500 GB of bandwidth & stress tested with 500 entries. As nearly as I can tell, my site captured all the click times & sent the data to the remote server.

Nearly 600 people clicked in during the first second. I need to match up the info to be sure everyone made it to the remote server & it is still limping along (12 more added as I type this). I'm not going to be able to send out messages until the numbers match on the two sites. I'm going to be very busy most of the night. Saying that I would send confirmations out tonight was a bit optimistic. :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

How was the time set out of curiousity. My computer and Iphone were 11 seconds off. I was on the phone with a buddy who was a second off of mine. Any other match it wouldn't be an issue but when the match fills in less than 1 second, it kind of is. I got the error message on both my first submissions. Second time they both went through.

OK, I got an error message. From what I am reading that is not a problem, the data should have gone through. Assuming that it did, I assume we will be able to get the entry form/application when the email from Linda arrives?

Jim

If we got the error message and resubmitted are we screwed?

No That re-submit penalty was ONLY if you re-submitted within 10 seconds. There is a much bigger gap on most of them.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

LOL I like that Linda! On most of them may be right, but I got the error twice and and on my 3rd attempt I finally got the second page to show up. I know I did all 3 of mine within 10-15 seconds total. I hate error messages.....

Steve

No That re-submit penalty was ONLY if you re-submitted within 10 seconds. There is a much bigger gap on most of them.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

LOL I like that Linda! On most of them may be right, but I got the error twice and and on my 3rd attempt I finally got the second page to show up. I know I did all 3 of mine within 10-15 seconds total. I hate error messages.....

Steve

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I am actually very encouraged by my first check of the data. Many of you who complained about the error message are in early (Fordyce x 2, Eaton, Griffin, Anderson, Baack, Parlee, JJ). It's still adding data, but those folks have good news coming.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Linda - I got the error message too (according to Stefanie who did it for me, she got it a couple of times before it went through at like 9:31 or 9:32).

We'll wait and see. Thanks again Linda. Any word on Dan Carden would be great too.

Thanks again for everything.

Rich

I got the same message.

Took a deep breath waited 15 seconds and hit the button again.

Got a page back reading:

Once you submit your information for a code number, you must print & complete the application

Linda will email you the code number for sign-in. Add the code number and your check to the application. Mail it by June 25, 2009

Contact Linda Chico for registration questions (email link below)

I hope that means my page was accepted, which is good since I was submitted data for myself and a buddy (Decker / McDaniel).

I'm absolutely amazed at the overwhelming interest in this match. This is my first year to be in a position to actually attend, but have heard the stories and seen the coverage on "Wednesday Night at the Range" so I'm super pumped about the whole thing.

I love multi-gun, and shoot a bunch locally but have very few "big" matches under my belt. Far and away the best match I've ever attended was this years LaRue Tactical match in Waco. Shot both the 2007 and 2008 Nationals - had a good time, hung out with some cool guys, but the matches themselves weren't as good as the LaRue match.

For those that have shot past Benning matches and the most recent LaRue match, how similar are they? What sets them apart? Still have my fingers crossed I'll get in this year, but just curious how the Benning match compares to other "good" matches.

Thanks