Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI GP6 for production

First saw this gun in the gallery section. To everybody who has shot this pistol: how would you rate this gun for production? Pros and cons please. I've used the glock and loved its reliability, learned to live with its trigger. used the shadow and the splits were awesome(compared to glock) but had to cure its jams first after it gave me headaches for 2 months. :cheers:

I have one and like it a lot. Very accurate, points great, nice sa trigger, slide to frame fit is nice and tight. It has been very reliable for me no complaints. Be nice to have the adj sights and wider safety when they come out.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is the "C" model? How is it different from the A[?] model?

The C model comes with wider safetys and the fiber optic front and Dynamic fixed rear sight. The origional model is fine as is, but the C model includes the upgrades most IPSC shooters will want.

All of the STI distributors have the GP6 mags in stock, I have a lot of them. I also have a couple of GP6 standard models in stock, but no one has the C model yet since it hasn't actually been built. We are all looking forward to getting the C model later in the year. No real date we can trust as of last week, but it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now owned 3 of them, sold the first two to people that wanted them from me. These guns seem to like a little more oil than most. They have a very nice recoil and I like the grip. The slide is easy to operate and the reset is the best I have ever felt on a non 1911. I have had no problems with the first two, the new one I got last week is having some fail to extract problems. I'll send it to STI they will fix the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just won one in a draw to keep shooters at the range after the BC Provincials (Hard rain and cold, imagine that!) for the Annual General Meeting. Usual yelling and shouting, but three guns were given away to those attending and the STI GP6 with five mags will be arriving as soon as the shipper gets it here. Looks good from every site I've found it on (That's why I'm here today instead of loading bullets)

Sniperone

No idea if these are good or not BUT you can find a review on a (Australian?) IPSC site who compared these to other Production guns.

Google it by its original name: "Grand Power K100" It is made in Slovakia I believe. Its rotating barrel design has been used previously by the Mauser M2 and certain Beretta models (couger??). Seems to work. Dunno if it offers an advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

:surprise: I don't think so Jim! Out of the box, my origional K100 had an excellent SA trigger and the DA was better than a standard CZ-75. The New GP6 has an even better trigger in both SA and DA.

While the DA is not as light as a SP01 Shadow, the SA is lighter, crisper, and with a wicked reset (1911ish)

Edited by Duane Thomas

I just picked up a -C and a bunch of mags from STI last week. I, who like to (ahem) tinker with guns a bit, havn't found anything to change! The trigger is smooth, the single action reset is amazing, and the double action is nice and smooth.

To say that I am "pleased" with this gun is a vast understatement :cheers:

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I won one at one of the NRA 3 guns this year and sort of delayed collecting it until a couple weeks ago. Wow! Pretty impressive. I concur with the amazing single action trigger reset and smooth light pull in double action. Naturally I had to texture the areas "textured" from the factory but I can't find anything else that needs to be done. I'm actually tempted to shoot some production with this thing! While I'm waiting on the Bladetech, I thru some heat to a XD holster to soften it up some and the GP6 fits okay for now.