Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first grip stipple

AWLAZS

post-2818-1236263884_thumb.jpg

I bought a grip off the forum to try making my own. I did not want a red one but I figured if I messed it up I was not out the price of a new one. I followed Bart's great step by step directions and learned a few things along the way.

You have to remember to wipe the tip every time.

I should have ground the tip of the iron more so each dimple would be a little larger.

My soldering iron would cool off every now and then from use and wiping the tip.

I can't wait to try another one.

What do you think?

Edited by AWLAZS

Thanks guys. Bart if it was not for you directions I would not have tried it. They should be pinned.

I have not shot with it. I don't need the grip I just wanted to try it. It was fun to fit it to my hand.

Looks pretty good.

I've stippled about four sets of grips now. I've decided that I like larger patterns. My current favorite is similar to fish scales. Aside from being faster to do, the larger pockets are much easier to clean than the small round holes.

Looks pretty good.

I've stippled about four sets of grips now. I've decided that I like larger patterns. My current favorite is similar to fish scales. Aside from being faster to do, the larger pockets are much easier to clean than the small round holes.

I just reground the tip for my iron making it larger. I wonder how square would look

My brother owns a body shop maybe I can get him to paint it up cool.

I like the scales. I wonder if you took one of the srewdriver type tips bent it and rounded it a little. I guess I need to find another one.